Harley riders/forums

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
I will never understand the harley elitist, they are always ones spouting off comments on what other bikes that aren't harley's are pieces of shit. Cannot stand the Harley or nothing attitude. rant.

Same over here, theyre all wankers. The next bunch of self-righteous tossers are BMW riders...:devil:

hey man i got 8 harleys all pre '65 except one . and one xs650 ,oh and a '65 jawa 50 scooter from original owner . if it has wheels i'll ride it :bike:. the only harley riders like that are the guys just getting into riding the hd's with there new boots and jackets . man i know 'ol hd guys with jap bike too.

Theyre the ones I meant , not the HD ownerers who can build/repair/restore them but the accountants/bankers/lawyers/film stars etc who buy the 'image' ! lol

of course you know why bmw riders don,t lower themselves to nod or talk to others is,,,, they are usually on the phone which is in the helmet ,,talking to their accountant or share broker.... its a worry.... regards oldbiker

I stopped by the local HD shop looking for a couple of clamps for the Sporster mufflers I'm running on my XS. I talked with the girl at the parts counter about the previous owner of our local HD shop, told her how I bought a great Superglide from him once...

Anyway, I didn't let on to the fact that I was not working on a Sporster but I did ask her if she knew what the #1 selling motorcycle in the USA happens to be? She tried several Harley models then gave up so I informed her the #1 selling motorcycle sold in America today is the Ninja 250.

"Oh, that's because they're cheap," she said. "People don't appreciate quality. Those things won't last no time at all..."

And then it hit me. When I was young I used to say the same thing about 750 Hondas, 650 Yamahas and even Goldwings. "They're all throw away motorcycles," we used to say. "Show us a 40 or 50 year old Jap bike that's still on the road and we'll buy them instead."

Well, it's now been 40-50 years and those throw away Jap bikes are still on the road. We were brainwashed by culture back then, the HD snobs are brainwashed by culture now. The girl behind the parts counter is brainwashed.

And she didn't have the clamps I needed for my Sporster mufflers.

I stopped by the local HD shop looking for a couple of clamps for the Sporster mufflers I'm running on my XS. I talked with the girl at the parts counter about the previous owner of our local HD shop, told her how I bought a great Superglide from him once...

Anyway, I didn't let on to the fact that I was not working on a Sporster but I did ask her if she knew what the #1 selling motorcycle in the USA happens to be? She tried several Harley models then gave up so I informed her the #1 selling motorcycle sold in America today is the Ninja 250.

"Oh, that's because they're cheap," she said. "People don't appreciate quality. Those things won't last no time at all..."

And then it hit me. When I was young I used to say the same thing about 750 Hondas, 650 Yamahas and even Goldwings. "They're all throw away motorcycles," we used to say. "Show us a 40 or 50 year old Jap bike that's still on the road and we'll buy them instead."

Well, it's now been 40-50 years and those throw away Jap bikes are still on the road. We were brainwashed by culture back then, the HD snobs are brainwashed by culture now. The girl behind the parts counter is brainwashed.

And she didn't have the clamps I needed for my Sporster mufflers.

I just dont understand the bs snobbery, ill ride anything pretty much but i wont pay 30-40k for a fukn motorcycle

My brother inlaw is one of those tards. He just sold his korean moped and bought a heritage. He was over showing it off and said that my 650 was trash. I wanted to throat punch him. I've road with a lot of guys on harley and in clubs they have all been great guys. One guy even stopped and helped me when my gs850g broke down. But my inlaw that is a pencil pusher and never turned a wrench they drive me crazy.

Image posers, lol reminds of a guy, A solid plasterer, that used to work on some of the jobs i was on and he would hardly give me the time of day. One day he comes up to me real friendly and told me all about his new Harley, how much it cost, how well he was doing, why it was so good ect,ect. listened to his shit for awhile and went back to work.

About 6 months later i was working in one of the remotest places in Aus at the top of cape york and was pointed to a guy in a caravan park who could help me out with some gear i needed, got talking, told him where i came from and he asked me if i knew a guy called Chris, Whatever, (never could remember his last name, wasn't that interested), any how, i said to the guy yea i know him doing real well for himself, just bought himself a new Harley, the guy turns around to me an said, "yea well he's my son in law and he should pay me the f##ken money he owes me first". Ha.

I host a rider's group called Ride Ohio under the screen name of xsyamahadg, I have about 200 or so members. Half of the members ride Harley, the other half of us ride Japanese, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, and KTM. We ride around Ohio exploring the roads in search of good scenery and good food. I always tell my members before a ride, if you aren't prepared to put 350 miles per day on your bike, don't show up. That weeds out the posers and profilers real quick. One of my rules is that you ride the bike you love, it doesn't matter to us what you ride. I ride a V-Star Silverado when I'm not riding my XS650H.

I have eaten lunch on the road with most of my members, and there isn't a rider among them...Harley or not that I wouldn't invite to my home. One of my members has 51,000 miles on the original Harley belt drive, he didn't rack up that many miles by being a poser.

Bikers are people, you get some good ones and you get some bad ones....you just have to sort em out from time to time.

I ride a Harley and I totally agree. I have seen guys transform right before my eyes in the past. Some guys I know used to ride "BRAND X". When the opportunity arose they worked up to a Harley , and from that point on everything else ever made was a POS. Most of these guys hang around the YUPPIE T-SHIRT STORE (AKA Harley Dealership) and swap lies about how great Harley is while the back room is doing their oil change, or cleaning their air filter. Don't get me wrong, I love my Harley, but I alone have completely customized and hand built every aspect of the beast. No one touches my stuff. When my bikes go back together, I know it's done right, or I know who is to blame.

being a vintage ,antique harley rider myself .... i ride my xs650 just to piss off the new rub hd riders , then the next week i'll ride my 'ol pan out to the same hang out . one week i'm a ahole .... next week ,nice pan man what year ?... screw 'em !!:thumbsup:

i remember when i was a kid my old man was giving my uncle (mom's side) the business about his peice of shit AMF Harley. us kids happened to be near by so my uncle tells my dad "hey, you better be careful or you'll give your kids the wrong idea about american products" so the old man replies "hey, it aint me doing it, its you! isnt your nickname One-Way? it is - because your bad ass harley only gets you to your destination and you end up on the back of another harley on the way home"

my father was careful to explain to us kids later that it's not necessarily the motorcycle thats defective but the asshole mechanic behind it.

i like all bikes, not necessarily the pricks riding them.

I like all bikes, just to clarify, Harley's are usually slow and well all know this. But the thing is I'm referring to the guys that automatically turn into a God once they jump on one. If that's not you than sorry you got pigeon holed! Hell even Sonny of the HA said he would ride another bike if he had a choice; but he's living the "image"

I raced MX, enduros and hare scrambles for a long time and got pretty deeply involved in off road access issues. I won't bore y'all with the details of the ongoing battle, if you are interested check out the Blue Ribbon Coalition http://www.sharetrails.org/ Anyway, every time I had to dress up in a 3 piece suit and go sit in some jerkoff senator or land manager's office to beg for access to open land for dirt biking invariably these 'loud pipes save lives' and 'one percenter' Harley riding assholes came up. That whole thing puts all motorcyclists in a bad light. It was impossible to separate us from them in the minds of these people and thus access to many promising off road riding areas in the Southeast has been cut off.

I finally quit with it because I got sick of continually apologizing for these jackoffs.

Thanks, dickheads.

Back