Harley riders/forums

Burns, my experience with the Bandidos (did you disrespect them with the "t"?) is they stick to themselves for the most part. I had one that looked like he had a fresh cut got a little silly when I passed him in his own lane, but the jackwad was running even with the cab of a semi for about 2 miles. Anyway, I steamed past him on my SV, flashing my hi beam and giving him plenty of room to run his line, which was dead in the middle of the lane. He commences to find 4th and try to catch up. I was already in 5th, and just kept it. every time he would get close to me, at about 95, I'd just thump it and stretch away. Really got on his nerves! Anyway, I got near my exit, slowed to around 80, and took the right lane. This dude rolls up beside me, flips me off, and points at his 1% patch! Funniest thing I ever saw. I gave him my best smile and Gold Winger wave, and took my exit!
There are some lesser known MCs in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, but I never have any issues with those folks either. That's my one and only "interaction" with patched folks. They usually keep to themselves.
On Triumph, the purists will crap if you put repops on to get rid of lucas trash!
In general, the more HOG and HD branded "attire" an individual is running, the less experience they seem to have.

I'm thinking anybody who makes a practice of riding in the middle of a lane (a.k.a. the oil patch) on a motorcycle has issues.

Then again the Washington State riders guide proclaims that the proper place to place the motorcycle in the lane is in the middle . While MSF course completion leading directly to an endorsement advocates one side or the other avoiding the grease stripe in the middle .

I'm even aware if not actively cautious about crossing the center of a lane in the dry let alone wet . I like to enter a corner on the outside to get an early look to the exit and avoid oncoming traffic . Still crossing the center even in the dry while leaned over , just releasing near max front brake , trail braking the rear and beginning to release clutch can be an adventure . Learn to read pavement , other drivers and riders .

~kop

I agree Burns! Well said Kop. You have to place yourself in the best position for the situation. Sometimes left, sometimes right, but very seldom is right down the middle the hot setup. The right also has more than it's fair share of hidden dangers, such as the fact that most automotive air conditioning units drop condensation on the right-hand third of the lane.
I try to position myself for my own best vison of my path first, and then optimally for others to have an opportunity to see me. Does not mean they are looking though. I'm not a giant fan of some of the "offical" answers to some basic riding strategy questions. Some of them are pretty counter-intuitive to someone with around 250,000 street miles of success doing it otherwise. Most here would sympathize I'm sure.

Back