Health Thread

Fred are you saying you mom had something going on out in the garden with some sailor?:rolleyes:

Hi Ken,
nah, my Dad planted them spuds and my Mum dug 'em up.
The sailors only brought the imported food to Bristol docks where my Grandpa Buckler helped unload it.
OTOH Mrs Silk down the street slept with a sailor whenever he was on leave. Mind you, she was married to him.
Meanwhile my Uncle Tim Horner served in the Royal Navy during WW2 when, he said,
"We sailed the light cruiser HMS Broke over the seven seas for 6 years seeking the enemy and failing to find them."

Good advice ben You have obviously read about Tom Watsons amazing weight loss and his fondness for butter in his coffee. I've forgotten for the moment who coined the phrase bulletproof coffee i think it originated from one of the writers of the Pioppi diet . i downloaded it to my Kindle the other day and read it all the same day. The recipes are a bit naff though

I try to eat 2x tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil a day and use butter , lard or plain olive oil for cooking
I also try to eat oily fish like sardines and mackrel to increase my Omega 3
I usually put heavy cream in my coffee but have used butter on occasion.
My BP coffee is easy to make...First make your coffee the way you normally do..Add to your coffee 2 tablespoons of Butter for every tablespoon of MCT oil..add all ingredients into a blender..cover..and blend for approx 30 secs. I also add a squirt of liquid stevia...after 30 sec..theres a thick foam on top..pour it all into a big cup and enjoy...Easy

Oh ok..I'm not getting into a pissing match..you do what you think is right but i know from my own experience what works...Good luck...

Lol..............a straight no on honey as a sweetener and then advocate 2 table spoons of butter..............nothing wrong with butter in moderation....

I think I'll stick with my honey. It's not processed just bee piss.

I worked in a plant that injected, smoked, chilled, pressed and sliced a million pounds of bacon a week. It's good stuff, but it has to be cured to be bacon.

yeah its cured with a few things.. water,salt sugar,sodium phosphate..sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrate..of those Sodium Nitrate is potentially harmful..It is Hickory Wood smoked

Hickory Wood smoked
Don't be so sure of that. We had smoke generators, most of the smoke flavor was put on in liquid form. Had to run the smoke generators for 5 minuets to keep the government happy. By the way the best natural smoke we used was on food service bacon. It was ground up corn cobs. Good stuff.

well I am going to cut back on the bacon...only a couple times a week..not everyday..there are better things to eat for protein..Appreciate y'alls input...

Lol..............a straight no on honey as a sweetener and then advocate 2 table spoons of butter..............nothing wrong with butter in moderation....

we were talking about following a low carb high fat Ketogenic diet because we are both Diabetic .

As usual you didn't bother to read the whole thread .

Diabetics cannot eat any sugar and if you wern't so ignorant you would have looked up Diabetes and informed yourself before joining a conversation you clearly know nothing about

Honey is loaded with Sugars whereas Butter and bacon have no sugar :umm:

The Ketogenic diet works..and once you get into Ketosis..it gets easier everyday...but in order to stay in a state of Ketosis you must adhere to the strict 20g per day of total carbs...I know from my own experience that anything over 20g's will stop my progress and throw me out of Ketosis..however i have days well under 20g's ...Once the momentum swings in your favor you will see the lbs come off...Its amazing to me ..the scale doesnt lie but dang its still hard to believe I did that...Every other attempt to diet in my life has met with failure..so if i can do this...anyone can.

The Ketogenic diet works..and once you get into Ketosis..it gets easier everyday...but in order to stay in a state of Ketosis you must adhere to the strict 20g per day of total carbs...I know from my own experience that anything over 20g's will stop my progress and throw me out of Ketosis..however i have days well under 20g's ...Once the momentum swings in your favor you will see the lbs come off...Its amazing to me ..the scale doesnt lie but dang its still hard to believe I did that...Every other attempt to diet in my life has met with failure..so if i can do this...anyone can.

yeah Ketosis is an incredible process .....but its what Humans have adapted to and evolved to over millions of years of our evolution . Traditionally for millions of years our bodies used the natural resources available to us which was predominantly Protein and Fat . There were very little carbohydrates and natural sugars in our diet until the past few hundred years .

In the past 50 years highly processed foods loaded with sugar is what has caused the Worldwide Diabetes and coronary heart disease epidemic

Our Pancreas and Liver has just not had sufficient time to evolve to process such a high level of blood glucose. We become carbohydrate intolerant as our Pancreas strives to produce sufficient Insulin to control blood sugar eventually leading to Insulin Resistance or Metabolic Syndrome ie Diabetes.

The Liver cannot process all the Glucose we shove in our bodies and runs out of storage sites so it stores it in the Liver and other organs leading to Lipiditus and Non Alcholic Fatty Liver (NAFL ) now the Liver and Pancreas is screwed .

The number of ailments and conditions that people suffer from that are directly caused by too much consumption of carbohydrates and sugar is absolutely staggering and following a simple mediterranean Ketgenic diet for a few weeks can bring about dramatic changes in our general health .

All this information is out there if we search for it but it has been systematically kept from us by vested interest in Food Manufacturers Big Pharma Government advisory bodies and others .

We are going to turn this around over the next couple of years as there is currently a massive and growing movement to reverse decades of lies and false information about nutrition and health and I have been really inspired by the work of all the dedicated people World Wide that are working towards this.

I am never going back to the way i was...no more lies and misinformation....I have regained control of my life...and I feel great!!!

Our taste buds must all be different. I think Stevia is nice and similar to sugar. However, I find Sucralose to be the nicest sugar replacement. But I do not use either product. My choice of hot drink now is Marmite which needs no sweetener: Half a teaspoon of Marmite dissolved in a large mug of hot water and a little milk added. Since drinking this regularly the red patches of split skin on my legs have completely disappeared - Must have had a Vitamin B deficiency.

Our taste buds must all be different. I think Stevia is nice and similar to sugar. However, I find Sucralose to be the nicest sugar replacement. But I do not use either product. My choice of hot drink now is Marmite which needs no sweetener: Half a teaspoon of Marmite dissolved in a large mug of hot water and a little milk added. Since drinking this regularly the red patches of split skin on my legs have completely disappeared - Must have had a Vitamin B deficiency.

Hi Paul,
Marmite soup, eh?
70 years ago you could get a cupful of hot Bovril for twopence from an old lady at Bristol South swimming pool after your swim.
But I'm agin artificial sweeteners. Even if they aren't harmful they are, in the sense that just like the Demon sugar, they pander to your sweet tooth.
Thus using artificial sweeteners makes it harder to retrain your taste buds so you appreciate the taste of unsweetened food.

thats an interesting observation Paul

I've always believed the body asks for the essential minerals and vitamins it needs if we are deplete.

Many times in the past I've gone through periods of craving for calciferous greens Marmite ,or peanuts etc.

I have been supplementing Vits and minerals for the past 2 years now and most of my Arthritis and restless legs have disappeared thankfully.

Last edited:
I left the supermarket the other day with 2 bunches of bananas. The cashier, a man of in his early forties warned, "You are going to want to watch those. I'm diabetic, my doctor told me to only eat one a day." I am not overweight, nor have I been for years. My wife and I exercised every day, and I am going out right after I post. I have been sick and today, I don't feel that way. We have very little body fat and I weigh myself every day. I eat a lot and exercise a lot, too. There is a general rule, if you are not suffering from insulin resistance, which is calories in and calories out. That is, if you take in more calories than you use, you will gain weight and vise-versa.

Back