Health Thread

Goldenboy,
I’ve just finished getting caught up on this thread. I’m happy to see you are recovering and getting stronger. Take care of yourself buddy and keep up the progress, I’m rooting for you!
Thank you, kindly. I hope you are also getting back together with no untoward effects. Regardless of what we do, the body tends to heal itself. But we have to give it a chance. More sunlight and warmer weather stimulates hormones that help this process, too.

Last edited:
More sunlight and warmer weather stimulates hormones that help this process, too.

Then I must be in the right place! :)
690B6A1B-2861-4399-82DF-2CE836688F67.jpeg

"The medicine will get you.'

yeah I think we are beginning to see increasing evidence of this with the rise in chronic diseases over the past 30-40 years .Just look at the Statin debacle !
More and more folk are looking for a natural preventative solution as apposed to a treatment by medication.

Hyper Insulinemia or carbohydrate intolerance seems to be the root cause of so many chronic inflamatory and other illnesses like Diabetes and coronary heart disease

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/01/15/teflon-coated-pans-health-risk.aspx

Immune system break down has been bought up several times, that can, and often does lead to quite a lot of health issues. But what has caused the modern rise in a lot of theses diseases, like heart, respiratory, and organ problems...............Our modern way of life and the foods we are eating is universally recognized as the problem so we are looking for solutions, like the Plato diet and cave man diet and all sorts in-between..............we are blaming medication, or over medication, and their side affects that raise other problems and can be the cause of worse health issues............

what has caused the health issues in the first place...........Mediterranean diet is proven to have major health benefits, or should i say decreases the chances of developing some of these issues on the rise, like heart related problems. Just one example.

We have removed lead from paint, petrol and plumbing, (almost)...... Has the increase in house hold products and the variety available an issue?? Now every place we go has wipes to disinfect ourselves, supermarkets, service stations, in the house, on the baby every time he/she soils and the obsession with hygiene has made us less immune. We have PVC products giving off fumes.......Surface sprays that are effective for 3 months, (that's alright because they are only on the skirting boards so can't contaminated food as per instructions), but what about build up and children take up the lower levels of a house, from 0 to 3 feet...............Plastics give off fumes and break down, and just look around and look at how much is within 3 feet of us at all times.........How much time do we spend in the car.........That lovely new smell, all those new plastics and stain proof seats and carpets and that carpet backing that breaks down on its own over time...........and especially that second hand car smell from the car yard, What the hell is in that perfume?? and they spray it into the air-con so it lasts longer.........

getting back to the link i posted.........Teflon, the savior of the burnt food on the pan syndrome, or pot, and so easy to clean, The wife's savior, the kitchen wounder........(by the way do some research if your not convinced by the link)............Floss our teeth......."dam tape brakes and the string gets caught in-between our teeth"........solution coat it in Teflon, (yes you can buy non Teflon coated Floss and pans).................

What about all this healthy water we buy and consume from plastic bottles............every bottle of water consumed has particles of plastic in them, in us now, all you see today, young, and not so young, living on them. last time i bought a bottle of water the plastic was so thin it crackled as i squeezed it.......All i could think of was, it is breaking up and how much am i drinking. This was of the shelf, or fridge.

Just a few thoughts and maybe its not all diet, but what we live with in our safe homes.........TV, so big these days they take up a whole wall and all that heat and plastics and obscure and rare minerals giving off fumes, and now they are all flat screens up against the painted walls. You have to ask is there any chemical reactions going on there???..............

Last edited:
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/01/15/teflon-coated-pans-health-risk.aspx

Immune system break down has been bought up several times, that can, and often does lead to quite a lot of health issues. But what has caused the modern rise in a lot of theses diseases, like heart, respiratory, and organ problems...............Our modern way of life and the foods we are eating is universally recognized as the problem so we are looking for solutions, like the Plato diet and cave man diet and all sorts in-between..............we are blaming medication, or over medication, and their side affects that raise other problems and can be the cause of worse health issues............

what has caused the health issues in the first place...........Mediterranean diet is proven to have major health benefits, or should i say decreases the chances of developing some of these issues on the rise, like heart related problems. Just one example.

We have removed lead from paint, petrol and plumbing, (almost)...... Has the increase in house hold products and the variety available an issue?? Now every place we go has wipes to disinfect ourselves, supermarkets, service stations, in the house, on the baby every time he/she soils and the obsession with hygiene has made us less immune. We have PVC products giving off fumes.......Surface sprays that are effective for 3 months, (that's alright because they are only on the skirting boards so can't contaminated food as per instructions), but what about build up and children take up the lower levels of a house, from 0 to 3 feet...............Plastics give off fumes and break down, and just look around and look at how much is within 3 feet of us at all times.........How much time do we spend in the car.........That lovely new smell, all those new plastics and stain proof seats and carpets and that carpet backing that breaks down on its own over time...........and especially that second hand car smell from the car yard, What the hell is in that perfume?? and they spray it into the air-con so it lasts longer.........

getting back to the link i posted.........Teflon, the savior of the burnt food on the pan syndrome, or pot, and so easy to clean, The wife's savior, the kitchen wounder........(by the way do some research if your not convinced by the link)............Floss our teeth......."dam tape brakes and the string gets caught in-between our teeth"........solution coat it in Teflon, (yes you can buy non Teflon coated Floss and pans).................

What about all this healthy water we buy and consume from plastic bottles............every bottle of water consumed has particles of plastic in them, in us now, all you see today, young, and not so young, living on them. last time i bought a bottle of water the plastic was so thin it crackled as i squeezed it.......All i could think of was, it is breaking up and how much am i drinking. This was of the shelf, or fridge.

Just a few thoughts and maybe its not all diet, but what we live with in our safe homes.........TV, so big these days they take up a whole wall and all that heat and plastics and obscure and rare minerals giving off fumes, and now they are all flat screens up against the painted walls. You have to ask is there any chemical reactions going on there???..............
#17, 39. Also, I thought I posted something about what you are saying on foreign substances, but may have deleted it. A writer for National Geographic submitted to a test where blood, fecal material, urine, and tissue samples were taken to determine how many foreign substances they could find in his body from man made materials. There were 256, which was considered average. This has been going on for quite some time, as evidence of carbon is found in the lung material of preserved tissue from cave men due to smoky cooking fires. We are sophisticated, and technology gets ahead of us. Plastic is so integrated into our manufacturing, we can only hope there is a safer alternative, someday.

Last edited:
I use a cast iron frying pan and olive oil for most of my cooking. I also avoid anti bacterial soaps. Living with house pets and horses we get plenty of bacteria..
Repoopulate...
https://microbiomejournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/2049-2618-1-3
https://www.nature.com/news/faeces-filled-pill-stops-gut-infection-1.13885
My mother went through a LONG bout of diarrhea after dental antibiotics should of snuck some poop into her food.
Eat shit and (don't) die.[/QUOT
I use a cast iron frying pan and olive oil for most of my cooking. I also avoid anti bacterial soaps. Living with house pets and horses we get plenty of bacteria..,
Repoopulate...
https://microbiomejournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/2049-2618-1-3
https://www.nature.com/news/faeces-filled-pill-stops-gut-infection-1.13885
My mother went through a LONG bout of diarrhea after dental antibiotics should of snuck some poop into her food.
Eat shit and (don't) die.
Very interesting, Gary. You know I wish I had C-diff. They ruled that out on me in the ER, to make sure I wasn't contagious. After reading the articles, I like the rectal introduction better than the pills, because you want it in your colon. If you eat the capsules some might get in your lungs, or somewhere else. There is no guarantee all the bacteria goes where you want it to go.

Everything was going so well.........until it wasn’t.
270E643E-DBE1-4E63-9FAF-2CEDDE8469C7.jpeg
I caught the flu last December, and it was during a coughing , hacking , nose blowing fit that I felt a tear in my abdomen. I developed an inguinal hernia.
A65473EB-DB4E-4AF5-909C-B54942E8A876.jpeg
Not my first one. I had a double hernia repair done 25 years ago, I guess I had a good run with that repair. I was living with it the best I could, I really wanted to finish my bike, but it’s not gonna let me wait. It’s getting larger and limiting my activities and I really don’t want to let it transform into something more sinister. I saw a surgeon today, I really like the guy and I am having surgery April 2nd.
Ok that was just Part 1 :eek:
On or around that same time that I sprouted a second head below the belt line, I developed a blind spot in my left eye.
I have had no less than three appointments where I’ve had doctors and nurses and implements of destruction putting drops in my eyes and looking at them under microscopes and taking high definition photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back explaining what each one is. I have had the inner fluid pressure of each eye carefully measured and they think, it might , probably, possibly be Glaucoma. But they’re not ready to officially declare it as such until they’ve subjected me to more intense scrutiny. So to that end, I am having an MRI done on my head , in six days, just to rule out the possibility that I might have squirrels in my attic dancing on my optic nerves or God forbid some sort of cooties that would have to be extracted physically. I know I’m being flip about this whole thing but I’m trying hard to keep my sense of humor and my sanity. My Dr tells me he is just doing this out of an abundance of caution and for now I’m just going to go with that and think happy thoughts. At least if it’s ONLY Glaucoma, it’s a very slow to progress condition that has some pretty good treatments available.
So I’m not outa the woods yet, but it makes me feel better when I’m grabbing the reins and trying to gain some control of the situation. At least my surgery will be soon and I can put that one in the rear view mirror.
Later,
Bob
F929E1FC-955E-4F65-9897-4CD8CF5B5237.jpeg

Last edited:
Mailman I have all kinds of inappropriate ideas of things to say but will just say good luck and keep us informed.

If those doc's need some special fixtures to use while making the repairs I'm sure Jim could whip something up and not charge too much! Or knowing the age of the majority here maybe rent them out as many of us will be needing the same repairs one day.

Mailman I have all kinds of inappropriate ideas of things to say but will just say good luck and keep us informed.

If those doc's need some special fixtures to use while making the repairs I'm sure Jim could whip something up and not charge too much! Or knowing the age of the majority here maybe rent them out as many of us will be needing the same repairs one day.

Ha! Both me AND my bike benefitting from Kens parts! :laugh2:
That would be great! Thanks Ken!
I’ll be fine fine, I just need a tune up. Like you said, it’s just an age thing. Kinda like our old bikes, we patch em up and move along. :)

You guys are going to be my entertainment while I’m down for repairs! :)
OK then, keep an eye on my garage comedy mechanixs.. Wish I coulda got a pic today for you of my 79 running hooked up to a cheesy IV , carb leaking fuel while trying for a timing light hook up to stay on Lol !
No fire yet tho :lmao:

Back