Heres my new Bike 73' TX650

Dee_nice83

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just wanna introduce myself to this forum. Just acquired this 73 TX650 a few days ago. Im new to bikes with carburetors. My 1st bike was a 01' CBR but sold that one so i can get this. Previous owner had put 2 new mikuni carbs, New tires (1 season), custom seat, kick start only, rebuild brakes/pads, chrome kit, 2 to 1 exhaust, front lowered about 2" and was recently tuned by Ace Motorcycle & Scooter in Chicago. Runs smooth and sound good. I will probably be posting alot of questions here coz this will be my project bike. But thanks for looking.

-Dennis

IMG_0348.jpg

Sweet, you said project bike, what are you planning? Other than possibly the seat it looks like a real nice bike!:thumbsup:

Thanks. Yah i would like to change the seat out for a cafe type. If anyone knows who can help me find one or how to incorporate one. Maybe clubman handle bars, replace the electricals, take the rear fender and seat grip bar off. Then after that im not sure. But when i move back to california i would like to restore/paint the frame.

Guys i have a problem right now. I changed out the fuel filters and once open the tank up from the petcock i get fuel leaking from the carb overflow. So i have to stop it right away at the petcock. It only happens on left carb. Anyone know whats wrong?

Most likely crap on the float valve seat. Remove the float bowl drain and run some fuel through it see if that gets the crap out and stops it.

Heres how the bike is looking now. Runs good now. Went for a ride with the fellas today, heres a few pics.

IMAG0011.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

Mirrors and Clubman bar i got from ebay. Headlight hood from dimecity
DSC_0564.jpg

Then won this on ebay. XS750 tank. Will be putting this on in the future.
DSC_0554.jpg

sweet bike , I got this seat from Roc City Cafe- fits great, nice tx!

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

still got some work to do but I dig your exhaust man ! Jealous I cant run the same fender on my 78' I have a great one but the forks are different so the stays have no place to bolt up to .

Back