Home Made Blasting Cabinet

Thought about panting the interior to seal it better and to reflect the light but I'm anxious to start blasting. It will have to do

I made a poor-man's blasting cabinet the other day with a curb found deep well plastic shop sink, a BBQ grill insert cut to fit the lip of the sink, and double walled cardboard from a fridge box that luckily fit snugly on top of the sink without any mods. I cut a hole in the top for a clamp light but failed to setup any real dust control system other than the media falling through the sink drain back into a bucket. My setup was so damn cloudy the first minute of blasting I ended up spraying in the back of the gravel courtyard at the shop. I was using soda so it ended up washing away with the garden hose.

question;
To do it right, I'll need an intake manifold (a filtered hole in the box up high), and a power assisted exhaust (vacuum in the drain)? Simple enough, it seems. I feel like a true amateur for not realizing this on my own.

Works pretty good. Wish I had a bigger compressor

Attachments

• IMG_0398[1].jpg
    IMG_0398[1].jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 164
Thought about doing this but, decided to just use a kiddy pool and some card board for a wind shield. When doing my motor the pool caught most of the soda. Only needed about 10lbs of soda for the job and still have about 6-7 that I reclaimed via the pool

Back