hot in texas

Had that earlier this week. 111 today and expect 109 tomarrow, but it's a dry heat. Too hot to ride anyway one slices it.

I went to tucson once.It was 109.They said it was a dry heat.so is my clothes dryer but i wouldnt want to live in it.It is a beautiful place when the sun is going down.They showed me a lot to build a house on.Nothing but dirt and one small cactus.$49,000 and that was several years ago.

I was sent here after being in Germany for 5 yrs. I guess to thaw out. Before Germany I was stationed in Las Vegas. Yes it's hotter there by almost 10F at it's peak. I was established/acclimitzed by '96 after that career ended and never left. 30 yrs in November.

Yep, 100+ yesterday. But, the weather guyz are prognosticating cooler, plus rain (???) for the next 4 days. Somebody must be out there doin' the "Texican rain dance". (Wash the truck, and leave its windows down)...

Az. has had a weeks worth of triple digit heat so far glad I'm not down there ! man that's brutal!!!!!!
at the ranch near Redding ca. we always have a week of triple digit heat as well during the summer, but NEVER this early in the year!
..... Global warming my ass the calendar is just off !!!!!!!!! hahahahaha !
Bob.......

Yup yup yup! Phoenix checking in. I worked on my bike today out in the garage until about 3:00 pm, it was 114 degrees and my fan was no longer cutting it. This year has been extraordinarily hot, we hit 120 early in the week.
We had a summer like this about 15 years ago that killed well established shrubs in our yard, and this summer looks to be on track to be another. Everybody envies our winters but this is the price.

Pretty hot here too - around 86-90 deg. F today and very humid. Not quite what you folks in the south and southwest get, but our winters are much colder.

Pete

I escaped the heat at just the right time. I'll join in the suffering on 4th. Then the long slog til summer ends in late October.

But for now, 85° with no humidity at 9000ft feels real nice!

wow that is a long way UP !
I'm at 3500ASL and man it makes a big difference between here and the Ranch in the valley 110 deg. down there and 85~90deg here!
it really is surprising what a little elevation will do to cool things off !
Bob............

Well Daniel Black is at 9000' wow ! MtHood patrol won't let me ride any higher without a GPS transponder.. Its Hot down low in Oregon even (100°) the forest is the Place to Be today ! Nice roads :thumbsup:
20170625_105637.jpg

That's My Neighbor ! Good man ! get out there and enjoy ...... watch for those pesky deer though !
Bob.......

Back