how the **** do I copy photos into my posts??

Shakey

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm just trying to put up an album of my current build as I have searched all evening for info on how to include pics in the body of my posts (rather than links to flickr) and can't find anything:banghead: Can someone point me to a how-to or explain simply how to do this? I certainly prefer reading posts that have pics, so I damn well want to include pics in my posts.

If you look at just below where you write you post, you will see a go advanced button, push that. This takes you to a place where you can add smilies. Scroll down you will find a manage attachments button.
This brings up a window with a column of browse buttons. This link you to your computer. This allows you to search the pics on your computer. Below the browse buttons you will find a list. This list tells you the max size of pics you can upload by type of pic.
Once you find your pic just push the upload button.
:thumbsup: :bike:

Shakey, If anything in this thread http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287 doesn't make sense, post here and we'll get you straightened out. I know there is a lot going on in that post.

It looks like you already have the pictures in an album. You can either use those existing pictures or attach them directly to your post. To use the pictures that are already in your album, when you are looking at the picture in your own album, below the image there are two boxes, copy everything in the one that says BB Code and paste it into your post. See the attached image..

Attachments

• albumpictureurl.jpg
    albumpictureurl.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 206
Thanks folks. I'll give that all a try
Nope - I can get to the upload box to choose from either my computer or URL but all the 'choose file' boxes are pale and unselectable. I'm trying this from my phone so I'll switch to the computer and try again

Hallelujia, the angels did sing...

thanks for the help as ever - more pics later!

OK, final question on this topic: how do I get the profile picture I have uploaded in 'Edit Profile Picture' to show up in my profile window when I post?

OK, final question on this topic: how do I get the profile picture I have uploaded in 'Edit Profile Picture' to show up in my profile window when I post?

I've tried several times to get an avatar to show up and it never works regardless of the file size or pixel dimensions. I think it's some cruel punishment that Travis gets a kick out of. :D

bbbilling max dimension is 100 either width or height, there is also a maximum photo size of 19.5 k-bytes right click your photo click on properties. 19.5 is rather small so that can be the issue.

A lot of people confuse their profile picture with their avatar.

Your avatar is displayed under your name in every post. Change it here: http://www.xs650.com/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar

Your profile picture is shown in your profile (when someone clicks your name) Change it here: http://www.xs650.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofilepic

Thanks folks. I'll give that all a try
Nope - I can get to the upload box to choose from either my computer or URL but all the 'choose file' boxes are pale and unselectable. I'm trying this from my phone so I'll switch to the computer and try again

Shakey, I know you figured it out on your computer, but depending on the phone you have, you might be able to post pictures from your phone if you use a different browser on your phone. Plenty of users are uploading pictures form their phones without any problems.

A lot of people confuse their profile picture with their avatar

Yup, That was it.

Still working on the phone thing. I have a dreaded eyefone and tried using safaree to no avail.

Anyone successfully uploading pics from their eyefones can give me a tip?

just to keep practising, here's a pic of the fzr rear wheel with the custom 36t sprocket I have had made up (offset 18t on front)

{rear wheel} Resized.jpg

Back