How to change the oil in your Harley

I never met a motorcycle that I didnt like, I just dont want the HD custody agreement. The one where the dealership gets visitation every weekend

I have a 03 Screaming Eagle Deuce with 35000 miles on never let me down and was only in the shop when i decided to go with gear driven cams.

I have a 03 Screaming Eagle Deuce with 35000 miles on never let me down and was only in the shop when i decided to go with gear driven cams.

It's not the down time that kills you, it's the almost never ending child support payments. And if little Harley decides to go to college when he grows up you'll never get out of debt. :bike:

It's not the down time that kills you, it's the almost never ending child support payments. And if little Harley decides to go to college when he grows up you'll never get out of debt. :bike:

LOL these bikes cost some cash but the new HD'S are bulletproof, worth the $!

ReycleBill just buy a wercked twincam and rebuild it. i guy here in town rebuilt a FLH for under $10,000. his sports a 21" front wheel and custom paint and a dyno tested 125hp motor. i should tell u he does all his own work but the paint and used to build HD drag bikes for a living. Its still cheaper then the house payment Harley ask you for. Kenny got is flh and for $5000 run'n. if the front wheel hadn't been f*cked he chould have rode it as it was.

I have a HD 06 ,25000 miles which is not alot, I'm the only one who has touched it, Just got back from South Dakota,3500 mile round trip. No problems! My bud that went too has 80000 miles on an 01 and ran like a champ and motor or tranny never been apart. I won't argue about the posers though,...plenty of them to go around.

Its funny how people will knock Harley's yet theY ride their Bobbers/Brats with a Sportster tank. LMAO

Last edited:
How to pickup "Hog" at the dealer following the oil change:

1. Change out of Ivy League suit you wore to the office at Bernstein, Smith, Gamble and Associates.
2. Put on fake beard, wig, and the darkest sunglasses you can find.
3. Put on false teeth
4. Leave wife at home and Porsche in the garage.
5. Have daughter's lowlife boyfriend give you a ride in his 1985 Ford Bronco
6. Chew some beef jerky to get rid of that minty fresh breath
7. If you are wearing cologne, scavenge around the back of the Ford Bronco for some motor oil or old fuel and smear it on your wife beater shirt
8. Take cash out of your $400 real Saskatchewan seal skin wallet, roll it, and place in ripped back jean pocket.
9. Assume correct posture when walking into dealership, i.e. lean slightly back, drag boots, swing arms with knuckles facing forward, leave sunglasses on.
10. Most importantly, stay in character!! A menacing look at all times is required.

Chapter 2 - Welcome to Sturgis - How to make the most of your weekend adventure!

I've chosen a question and answer format for this chapter, and have drawn much of the information and advice from my Corporate Hellboy™ blog. There are many ways to enjoy your experience in Sturgis, but what is even more important is making sure everyone in your office knows you're going to Sturgis beforehand, and knows you went to Sturgis when you return. Say the word, "Sturgis" often. Tell as many people as you can, whenever you can. Of course, be casual. For example, never say, "Hey, I went to Sturgis!" Even the gals down in Accounting would laugh. Better, say something like this, in a low voice, "Yeah man, I was in Sturgis - didn't see you there, why not?" Choose a style that's appropriate to the occasion. We'll discuss this more in Chapter 5 - Marketing Your Image, including alternatives to PowerPoint.™

Here are samples of some of the most common questions posted on my blog, that I'll discuss in this chapter:

• Bad_Dude1979, asks, "Hellboy, why do other bikers laugh at me when I ride into Sturgis. Am I not a brother?"

• Trophy_Pillion69 writes, "I've always heard it was NOT acceptable to grab ass on someone else's biker bitch (hehe, I said it, biker bitch, biker bitch). Anyway, those rough bikers (you know, the ones, the real bikers) don't seem to follow the rules with me. It's like they don't think my boyfriend will do anything about it. Just because I got a little drunk and gave one of them a lap dance when my boyfriend was throwing up in the bathroom, they think I'm available or something. Anyway, I don't mind, really, I just thought it wasn't allowed.

• Lawyer-from-Hell offers, "If you get into a fight, you may have cause for legal action and even financial compensation. Contact my office at [deleted]." (Author Note: LfH makes a good point, but I do not tolerate self-promotion on my blog. It's my blog, and I won't hesitate to be quite stern about this.)

• Ride_the_Miles420 asks, "What is a good distance from Sturgis to unload my hog off the trailer? When I roll into town, I like it to look nice and dirty, but I don't want to scratch anything. Can you recommend a good motel and a dusty road within 25 miles?

• Road_Kill_Exec asks, "Is there somewhere in Sturgis where I can practice riding my new Harley? It's not like I don't know how to ride or anything - I had a Lambretta in college - but you know, this thing is bigger than I expected."

• Bad-to-the-bone asks, "Should I get a tattoo?"

Come on GUYS you are killing the nebees that are going to go out and buy one.
In the 80's and 90's but maybe some of you guys were still sperm. Harley pulled this cool trick saying they were going out of buisness and had a 2 year waiting list to by and who bought them YUPS!!!!!! because they thought it was a no brainer to hold the bike for bigger resale and along came me and a couple hundred other builders and built clones and sold them for more than what a new harley was worth.
BUILD AND THEY WILL COME!!!!
It was great money for about 15 years until TV got onboard and started showing these FAKE builders who JUMP THE SHARK and SOLD OUT. Some of these guys were BROTHER 1%ers and just went for the big bucks. NOW ITS DEAD and TV KILLED IT.
There is nothing new about building JAP CHOPS i did it in the 70's but parts got better and more out there. YUP!!!! Harley guys kept my shops open . You needed to have your oil changed every 2,000 miles and you needed new battery and you needed new cables and those tires really took a beaten in that 2,000 miles so they needed to be changed TOO....DO YOU GET IT!!!
This is why i loved to build chops. You can build a nice XS650 for $2500.00 and ride the piss out of it and people still walk up to you and say NICE SPORTSTER...
This bike was built for $2400.00 and sold on EBAY for double. The guy found parts at good price and when finished just never liked the ride.
THEY ARE OUT THERE. If a HARLY DOESN'T LEAK OIL it AIN'T A RIDER HAHA!!!
My shop has been closed over a year now and i still see YUP Harley Riders going to the closed shop now auto repair place DUH!!!!

Attachments

• xs650 w springer.jpg
    xs650 w springer.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 167
How to pickup "Hog" at the dealer following the oil change:

1. Change out of Ivy League suit you wore to the office at Bernstein, Smith, Gamble and Associates.
2. Put on fake beard, wig, and the darkest sunglasses you can find.
3. Put on false teeth
4. Leave wife at home and Porsche in the garage.
5. Have daughter's lowlife boyfriend give you a ride in his 1985 Ford Bronco
6. Chew some beef jerky to get rid of that minty fresh breath
7. If you are wearing cologne, scavenge around the back of the Ford Bronco for some motor oil or old fuel and smear it on your wife beater shirt
8. Take cash out of your $400 real Saskatchewan seal skin wallet, roll it, and place in ripped back jean pocket.
9. Assume correct posture when walking into dealership, i.e. lean slightly back, drag boots, swing arms with knuckles facing forward, leave sunglasses on.
10. Most importantly, stay in character!! A menacing look at all times is required.

Actually he works at Dewey Cheatham and Howe. :wink2:

DADDYG: No doubt yuppies bought the product, but it wasn't a trick, it was politics and influence at it's deepest form.

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2010/05/29...safeguards-save-harley-davidson-in-the-1980s/

Yes, it would have died without the tariffs in place, because they (the tariffs) were used as argumentative evidence by the new ownership to secure loans for the money used to develop the EVO motor, which, in combination with a good dose of Nationalizm, inspired by Reagan's speeches and the height of the cold war, made a certain kind of person believe in an American product again. They became a symbol of believing in America, Yups had the money, and the "new rich", continue to buy them to this day as status symbols, not as informed riders who make a logical choice. Not that they are a bad product, but "mystique" costs way too much per pound for this working class dog! Besides, owning on is all queered up by the yuppies anyway, I mean, do you really want to go riding, and be rolled up on by a college boy turd, who probably milks the public tit for a living through some research group or something, and have him "bro" you, like you have anything in common other than geography and a common posession? PLEASE!
Ya gotta admit, almost everything in the field of transportation that was made in the US from about 79-83 was a huge peice of shit. H-D wasn't the only troubled manufacturer.

Back