Hydraulic Clutch Conversion - Any Interest?

Haven't been on here for a while dealing with some illness issues but you guys should really be greatful that you got people like Hugh- Pete- Jon that all are doing things to upgrade a 20 year old bike that when they were built back in the 70's and 80's most were junked because they had no value. These bikes have sold for some outragious numbers and i have sold some that i could not beleave the money. HUGH is out of his mind with some of the upgrades that he has done for this bike. Pete is just a electronics madman that answers all your questions and JON and his guys are the new kids on the block but have the best personality and drive that you will ever see. All of you guys are lucky that these guys love this bike. I have always said that you got to take the heat for your builds good or bad and there are just too many negitive things said about builders and everyone has there own problem and money is so tight that if you can stay above water you are doing good. Selling out of this new part shows that there are good guys standing behind good builders. I am old wornout retired and maybe soon i will be able to turn a wrench again for more than 2 hours at a time. But the bike world and the many people that came threw my shop doors i thank and you guys need to give more props to good builder like these guys and buy from them to keep them as friends and people you can go to for help. ALL GOOD GUYS.Sorry for the long speach i even forgot how to get on here and had to do it all over.
KEEP CHOPPIN!!!!
DADDYG

I got mine from the post office and it looks good. I am ordering a new clutch and MMM's strongest springs with a one piece clutch push rod.

Sorry man, these things were HOT! I have another order coming in, but for now I am out of stock. I didn't expect them to sell so quickly, but that's a good thing :thumbsup:

And you told me to be patient....

I received mine this week and it looks good. Eager to get it installed to test it out!

OK, mine's trying to creep forward with the clutch lever pulled and is also hard shifting. Now this only occurs when the bike has warmed up for about 20 mins. Does this mean there's still air in the system? I can hear a "squishing" noise from the slave cyl. also.

Still, it's gonna be the tits once I get it sorted.

Good stuff Hugh!

thanks,

Mike in Dayton

I mounted mine today. I still cannot ride until I rebuild my clutch with stiff springs, new plates, one piece push rod, new seal, and new busing. Installation with instructions was a snap. Thanks Hugh.

Where did you get your M8 x 1.25 tap and handle?

I can find sets with the tap but no handle :laugh:

OK, mine's trying to creep forward with the clutch lever pulled and is also hard shifting. Now this only occurs when the bike has warmed up for about 20 mins. Does this mean there's still air in the system? I can hear a "squishing" noise from the slave cyl. also.

Still, it's gonna be the tits once I get it sorted.

Good stuff Hugh!

thanks,

Mike in Dayton

OK, I tried to bleed the system like Hugh describes in his blog, but I screwed it up. I le the piston pop out of the bore and let in way too much air I think. I got no movement of the piston at all now. Any suggestions?

thanks all

OK, I tried to bleed the system like Hugh describes in his blog, but I screwed it up. I le the piston pop out of the bore and let in way too much air I think. I got no movement of the piston at all now. Any suggestions?

thanks all

Shot you an email, but if you can't get it bled properly, I'll send you a new one :thumbsup:

Back