I got pulled over for loud pipes....

I have a friend on the local city PD and I had her opinion on my pipes (slip-on megaphones with baffles removed ) and she said instantly, "TOO LOUD" then I removed the slip-ons and just left it as shorty drag pipes. was quieter... never got harrassed buy any of the cops in the area, and it is pretty loud. Funny thing is, I was once pulled over in my 72 Maverick for loud exhaust and I was running a 302 with long tube headers, and FLOWMASTERS with dumps ahead of the rear axle... as the cop was giving me a warning, a HD flew by... louder than 3 of my car.. I mentioned the excessive noise from the bike and he just smiled and said "Harley's are supposed to be loud" I said, "Then why do all the loud ones remove the factory exhaust and loose thier mufflers? I HAVE MUFFLERS!" the warning became a ticket

Cops are crooked? I don't believe it! It's just not possible. Just like politicians never lie and corporate execs never steal...

Do they really need to have a reason to pull you over? I love the shock and outrage. Welcome to the world...

lol Yup... I start wondering what's up when cops don't pull me over for no reasons other than I'm on a scoot and I'm not sporting khakis and a polo shirt. I must have been pulled over at least 4 or 5 times a year for the past 25+ years, and at least 2 of those times was for no good reason... :D

hi guys isn,t amazing,, in australia if you look at epa regs ,,, by LW they can not legally check you for noise.. standing still ,, they have too by law have you doing 100k past them and check it then,,, personally if i was doing 100k ,,, i,d still be going ... and i,ve looked at regs ,,, being certified in mechanical engineering ,, theres NO seperate law for harleys.. its all 98 decabell ....personally a loudish sort of exhaust and i don,t mean offensive ,,means a LIVE biker... how many times do you see car drives on the highway just move over ,,, sorry didn,t see or hear him regards oldbiker

I thnk here stateside it's 85 decibels. But yes moving by at I think 35 mph and from 30 feet away is how it's supposed to be done.

Back