installing baffles in drag pipes???

i ran pipes cut right behind my pegs for a few years, and it ran great. sounds like you need to jet up more?

Just got mine today. they look great. im excited to bolt them on. funny that someone asked the same question. Im getting mine powdercoated hopefully tomorrow and trying them without the baffles first. my question is, if I put the baffles in, are they staying in? i dont see any way of putting them in without a hammer. haha. and i definitely dont see any way of getting them out. Kinda like measure twice cut once?

and every time i read this thread i read the "you need more backpressure" part, i think "You need more cowbell!"...

slip-in straight pipe baffles suck, they make the exhaust sound like shit with only minimal sound reduction.

Just got mine today. they look great. im excited to bolt them on. funny that someone asked the same question. Im getting mine powdercoated hopefully tomorrow and trying them without the baffles first. my question is, if I put the baffles in, are they staying in? i dont see any way of putting them in without a hammer. haha. and i definitely dont see any way of getting them out. Kinda like measure twice cut once?

and every time i read this thread i read the "you need more backpressure" part, i think "You need more cowbell!"...
Hi Johnny, Glad you like the pipes :thumbsup: "more cowbell" :laugh: I remember that SNL sketch :D I sent you an email about the baffles, you can get them out it's just a pain. ALL slide in baffles fit tight! Vibes would make them buzz like mad :mad:

i ran pipes cut right behind my pegs for a few years, and it ran great. sounds like you need to jet up more?

thanks for the help guys... i ran some longer extensions back past the pegs like you suggested with some small thumbscrew baffles and it runs well again... at least as well as it did before ... do you guys think these pipes need support to the frame? i had a couple tabs attached to the pipes running to the center stand bolts but both of them have broken from the shaking already so i was thinking of just leaving them off... is that ok?

can someone please post a video of how their bikes sound with drag pipes? i'm looking for a new set.

Here is a video of my bike idling with drag pipes and baffles,

http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/oo291/jim540/?action=view&current=VID_20111016_144616.mp4>

Back