Invitation to Organize: Central New York XS650 Owners

YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
To all you 35 (and growing!) XS650 owners and interested CNY bikers who replied to my Craigs post in the past few months, with the interest in organizing, sharing pics, taking rides, whatever, I am setting up this thread as one place to connect.

I have posted an "intro" thread in The Garage recently, called "New Member from Syracuse," where I included some bio info, and I hope you do the same. Alternatively, you could post your pics and personal info here on this thread.

If you include "Central New York XS650" in your user title, as I did, then a simple XS650 search will provide you with all of us in a list.

Lets see where this takes us!

Yamadude
Restoring a '76 XS650C this winter. Dismantling/repairing in process...

Attachments

• XS650.rebuild 002.jpg
    XS650.rebuild 002.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 147
  • yamaha650.crop.jpg
    yamaha650.crop.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Dude,
Welcome and hello! from the great white north of Central Square. I love this forum and skim through every day like it was the newspaper! I'm married, with kids, and still working for a livin' so very little time or $$ to work on my '75, '79, and '81 (all basket cases, only the first two with titles). Add more projects than you can shake a stick at, and I have less very little time to work on the bikes. But, interested in sharing info, pics, experiences, etc.! Sounds like fun!

Any of you guys going to the Super Swap this year?

I'll probably be off to the side wing, Red and Black Ironhead chopper.

Wanted to have my XS ready for it but haven't gotten anywhere near what I wanted to done.
10557434_10204578231551603_6174304567275502665_n.jpg

Tins are out to paint, but god only knows how long that will take with the artists backlog. Need to finish up the frame so I can send it out for powdercoat...

59tebo- completely feel ya on that one! 3kids wife 6 dogs and 4 jeeps and HVAC job......I have to schedule restroom time! Once I get the hang of this whole internet thing I hope to pass on stock parts to some folks to help fund my build. Once I have parts - coffee pot goes in the shop and sleep won't be necessary. ;)

Hey 59Tebo,
Glad to have you join this thread !

I read your bio, and saw that you had a Yama 360 at one point; I had a green 70's 360 as well, and loved it, and have been kicking myself ever since I sold it a decade ago. And looking for another one all the time.

Count me as one person who would like to see pics of your XS's, even tho they are basket cases. In fact, I might be interested in buying one (with title), if you need $ to build the others.

Last edited:
Hey 59Tebo,
Glad to have you join this thread !

I read your bio, and saw that you had a Yama 360 at one point; I had a green 70's 360 as well, and loved it, and have been kicking myself ever since I sold it a decade ago. And looking for another one all the time.

Count me as one person who would like to see pics of your XS's, even tho they are basket cases. In fact, I might be interested in buying one (with title), if you need $ to build the others.

Dude,
I sold that 360 enduro ('73, black, w/a 90 over weisco piston, done by Microbore of N. Syracuse) to a friend of mine a long time ago. He jetisoned the oil injection system and just mixed oil in the gas. That thing was fast as hell!
I have plans for the Xs650s with titles, and will use the '81 as a parts bike. After that, (maybe during) I'm going to post and sell whatever else is useable from all three bikes. Some of those parts will get media blasted, making them really good parts for those who restore (like you). The '75 I want to build as a quasi-soft tail chopper, with the lines of a rigid (comfy), and the '79 as a drag-bike styled hard tail (taco chaser-not so comfy)
Do you know of any dedicated motorcycle boneyards within a 100 mile radius of Syracuse? Bones give me inspiration (not to mention cheap parts!).
Anyways, I'll post some pics when I can get my act togther...

Boneyards:

A guy in B'ville and a guy in Cortland with boneyards, one with a bunch of XS650's, replied to my Craigs post, and I'm waiting to see if they join us at this website. Also a few guys have collections of XS parts are looking for buyers, so we may hear from them. Of course, the best boneyards are the Classifieds here at XS650.com, and EBay.

hey guys! good to see people connecting, im in jamesville on edge of syracuse , been working on a streetracker all winter and im finally starting final assembly!! will post some pics in my albums as soon as i get a second, welded up a brakestay tonite for some brembo brakes on my 79 xs, find myself spending all day and half the nite in my garage going crazy( or is that happy?!) i guess it could be the space heatet fumes or the brake cleaner setting me straight:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 152
I saw that but apparently it has no title. Just a parts bike in my mind then, and $500 is too much for a parts bike.

I feel yer pain (all of ya's). I have an '81 with no title, about 90+ % complete, with no title. It's going to be a great parts bike with a free-turning motor (haven't even tried to start it 'tho, somebody did a number on the wiring), only 12K miles! Call it a $50.00 North Country lawn ornament....

Back