Is my build done??

Byookanun

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I think I have reached the end and have ran out of things to do to my bike. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what more I could do or even change?

20140123_174553.jpg

20140123_174559.jpg

20140123_174611.jpg

20140123_174626.jpg

20140123_174636.jpg

20140123_174649.jpg

My only suggestion would be to sell it. Like as soon as possible, like right now. Sell it, to a guy in Ohio!!! Seriously that is a very nice looking ride, if you decide to keep it and not sell it to me, then I agree with the above post, put some miles on it!

Some cool ass pinstriping would look cool. Other than that it looks good
put some miles on it and have fun!!!

Its funny you mention that. I actually had some stripping done on it but I didn't like the say it turned out so I removed it. I did however reach out to another pinstriper in my area this morning and I am waiting to hear back from him.

As far as pinstripe color what do you think I should go with? I was thinking just white this time around. Last time it was white and two shades of green.

This is just my opinion, but i'd drop a faded brown or black leather pan seat on it, little smaller than the one you got and black or brown grips. The white jumps out at me too much...

besides that i'd ride the hell out of it!

Nice work

This is just my opinion, but i'd drop a faded brown or black leather pan seat on it, little smaller than the one you got and black or brown grips. The white jumps out at me too much...

Nice work

For now I am staying with the white but I am actually headed home now to take the seat off to have the pan slimmed down then recovered with trying to salvage the existing material.

Maybe once I am bored with white I'll do a color change.

I'd say take the whitewalls off but I see where you're tying it all in with the seat and the grips so it fits the bike. I am just not a fan of whitewalls... on bikes anyway. The hispanic in me loves whitewalls on a classic lowrider.

She's a real looker!
I would add at least one mirror and ride. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Double ditto! Plus, I'd install a longer rear brake rod and get the brake lever arms more vertical.

Only other bling I can think of would be instrumentation, CornHusker logo on the tank, and oldschool 'Snuf-R-Nots'...

Last edited:
You have a very nice build , the green powder coat is impressive and the front end looks great with your wheel

Maybe a hand tooled saddle bag for the side, leatherworking is a awesome inside project. and to carry some extras, like tools is a must when riding a riged.

another idea a removable an auxiliary gas tank , guys fab up a small tank and attach it to the frame in rear to hold just a little more gas and another fun project

just some ideas , bike looks great I would say its finished:thumbsup:

Some cool ass pinstriping would look cool. Other than that it looks good
put some miles on it and have fun!!!

Nice work

I agree! And yes, just simple white pinstriping will do nicely, not too much of it though, just a little!

A nice brown seat with some tooling will keep you busy for a while too!:bike:

1) Polished fork covers
2) Do something with paint, as suggested some pin striping for some contrast.
3) Different seat? Skinny K&Q would look sweet.
4) Lower the rear fender so it hugs the wheel.
5) mini Sissy bar might look good with your theme
6) Polished velocity stacks
7) Paint engine and or polished the fins at the very least.

The handle bars would look better inline with tubes. Never liked pushed forward bars. Look good as built the seat looks good and fits the frame. I would not change it.

Back