January 2012 XSOTM Pictures, voting, and discussion.

Who should be the January 2012 XS650 of the Month?

• Pregrid

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Cra-z1

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Grepper

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Rude

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • C-Los SD

Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought I'd post a few more photo's and give a little history. I had just completed a restoration of a 73 900 Z1 and was looking for something else. I found an add for two 72 XS2 that was about 2hrs from me. Called the guy and he said I could have both for 600. So on Christmas Eve day with a pending snow storm I arranged for a trailer and headed up. Half way back the storm hit and I barely made it back. The result is a combination of both bikes. One engine was stuck due to a weight working loose on the crank and jamming a rod. The other had a loose weight also so I decided to use a 78 crank and rebuild using 256 rods. The crank was built by Falicon. The 78 crank uses a different sprocket so I needed to change the cam sprocket also. I decided to use the adjustable cam sprocket from Megacycle Cams which allowed me to use my original cam with the 446 cam sprocket. Also I could dial in my cams much easier. The paint was done by Paintworkz who specilizes in Z1's. Paint was matched with NOS headlight brackets. All other work was done by me other than the cylinder bore. There are some very nice bike's we have this month.

Lovely, lovely bike. Despite me loving all things Cafe and thinking Pre's build is probably one of the best executed tracker builds out there, you got my vote:thumbsup:

A few more pics

Attachments

• Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 025.jpg
    Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 025.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 026.jpg
    Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 026.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 023.jpg
    Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 023.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 274
  • Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 028.jpg
    Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 028.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 276
  • Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 021.jpg
    Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 021.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 020.jpg
    Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 020.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 274
That looks better than the day it rolled off the assembly line! Are you going to bob it? :wink2:

Ya, I'm getting tired of the way it looks. I think next year I'm going to take my grinder out and fire up to welder and have at it. But first I need to put a hard tail on the 1985 Venture Royal I want to be the first to do this kind of mod on a full dress bike.

LOL. Sorry to all you bobbers out there. I just could not help myself. All kidding aside a lot of you guys have done some very good work and I do take time to read about your builds.

Wayne

Ya, I'm getting tired of the way it looks. I think next year I'm going to take my grinder out and fire up to welder and have at it. But first I need to put a hard tail on the 1985 Venture Royal I want to be the first to do this kind of mod on a full dress bike.
Wayne
Oops too late...
venture.jpg

Well kinda in a Mad Max sort of way.

Close race for sure, Cheers pregrid! IMHO a great bike AND the detailed "story/build thread" made the difference.

Congratulations! Nice to have a little something for your hard work on your build.

Congratulations! All the bikes are well done and worthy of the honor. Hard work pays off again! :cheers:

Back