1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

2019 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Travis, Oct 24, 2018.

1. hotshoe

38 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. robinc

49 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. gggGary

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  4. halfmile

53 vote(s)
    50.5%
  5. Ratranger

32 vote(s)
    30.5%
  6. OHRider

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  7. weekendrider

40 vote(s)
    38.1%
  8. rhysbud

30 vote(s)
    28.6%
  9. LEGEND_10

38 vote(s)
    36.2%
  10. fredintoon

11 vote(s)
    10.5%
  11. girard

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  12. willis

28 vote(s)
    26.7%
  13. CBJamie

14 vote(s)
    13.3%
  14. plowboy1

20 vote(s)
    19.0%
  15. Kansas lineman

20 vote(s)
    19.0%
  16. Skip

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  17. 5twins

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  18. Apexdc

36 vote(s)
    34.3%
  19. 79XStLousi

25 vote(s)
    23.8%
  20. Crunch45

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  21. jradvantage

39 vote(s)
    37.1%
  22. Vincenthdfan

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  23. Meddy

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  24. hooooolt

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
  25. Boopduke

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  26. Ceed Klumper

31 vote(s)
    29.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Travis

Travis Staff Member XS650.com Supporter

Vote for the XS650s you'd like to see in the 2019 XS650 Calendar!

It's time to Vote!

This will be the seventh year for the XS650 Calendars! As usual, Shawn (samoran1) is the person putting them together for us. The nomination stage is over and the ones that were nominated, seconded, and accepted are ready to be voted on. There are 26 this year. Click here to see the nomination thread.

This is the voting thread. There will be 13 bikes in the calendar (the calendar will include January 2020). The bike with the most votes will be on the cover and also have its own month. Voting will end on October 31st. You can vote for as many bikes as you want (multiple selection allowed). You can only submit your votes once, and only existing members will be able to vote. Accounts created after the time of this post won't be able to vote.

Nominees, feel free to post more photos and details of your bike in this thread. If you want me to replace any of the photos in this post, let me know. I used what was provided in the nomination thread. I will post up to two photos of each bike in this post. You can add more in this thread.

For the top 13: To get these calendars printed and shipped on time, samoran1 needs all of the pictures for the calendar ASAP. He will set a deadline. Once the voting is underway, if you see you're doing well, get your pictures and information ready to send. You will need to send 3 or 4 high quality photos of your bike with no logos or watermarks (min dimension to be posted later) and your name, location, bike year/model, and SHORT bike bio via email to Shawn. He'll post his information in this thread or send it to the top 13 via private conversation. You need to be the owner of the photos or have permission to use the photos for the calendar. In the event that people are unable to supply photos in time, the next runner up will be included instead. So the close runners up (14, 15 and 16) may wish to have photos ready to send in.

After the voting is complete and the calendar is put together, a thread will be created with the final product and a link to an ordering page. There will be a limited time to order, so check back often for the ordering thread. A link to the ordering thread will be posted in this thread as well as on the main page.

Thank you to everyone who has helped make this calendar happen so far!

Here are the nominations. Vote using the poll above.

hotshoe
    [​IMG]

robinc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gggGary
    [​IMG]

halfmile
    [​IMG]

Ratranger
    [​IMG]

OHRider
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

weekendrider
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rhysbud
    [​IMG]

LEGEND_10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fredintoon
    [​IMG]

girard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

willis
    [​IMG]

CBJamie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plowboy1
    [​IMG]

Kansas lineman
    [​IMG]

Skip
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5twins
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apexdc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

79XStLousi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crunch45
    [​IMG]

jradvantage
    [​IMG]

Vincenthdfan
    [​IMG]

Meddy
    [​IMG]

hooooolt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boopduke
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ceed Klumper
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Boog, Superjet, Skip and 1 other person like this.
  2. Travis

The text above was mostly a copy and paste from last year. I updated the dates and other info, but if I missed something let me know.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Jim, gggGary and YamadudeXS650C like this.
  3. Jim

Jim "No...Try not. Do ... or do not. There is no try." Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Wohoo!! Nice selection

Minions cheering.gif .

Boog, OHRider, Ceed Klumper and 3 others like this.
  4. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Junkie Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

kansas
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  5. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

Hey Guys and Gals
    To be nominated for this year's calendar by 650Skull and seconded by robinc is a huge honour
    There are so many beautiful bikes amongst this forum, to choose 13 is a tough tas
    k.
    Good luck to all

Here are some more pictures of my 1978 XS650SE IMG_2347 final.jpg _MG_2272 final.jpg IMG_2440 Final.jpg IMG_2383 final.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    geedubya, Boog, XS650 and 4 others like this.
  6. Ratranger

Ratranger XS650 Addict

Here's a couple alternate views of mine. Plenty of awesome bikes on here, thanks for considering mine! Good luck to everyone.

Attached Files:

Jim and Skip like this.
  7. robinc

robinc Member of the 'yellow meter gang' Top Contributor

Once again, I wish we had more months in the year.

gggGary, MrBultaco, CBJamie and 4 others like this.
  8. MrBultaco

MrBultaco it ran before parked Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Colorado
    This year is the first time I have voted for 13 bikes........well done guys.

Marlin72xs, gggGary, MaxPete and 4 others like this.
  9. Vincenthdfan

Vincenthdfan XS650 Addict

Hey folks, it was never my intent to create any kind of a divide by having all my bikes in one shot....or be nominated this year, honestly.

I'm fine with bowing out until next year, then perhaps putting either my XS-1B or XS-2 in the hat for next years calendar?

They're not going anywhere and that way we can maintain the singular bike theme as it was originally intended...fair enough?

I really do appreciate the nomination though...thank you!

10. tadd442

tadd442 dude.....

I think the cover should feature your collection. Without the success of the earliest ones, none of the others would exist.

11. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

Vincenthdfan...I certainly wouldn't call it a divide...Just people debating a situation...a decision has been made...I wouldn't give it another thought ...your collection is certainly calendar worthy...and if it get voted in,then that's where they belong IMO

Marlin72xs, Travis, gggGary and 3 others like this.
  12. Jim

Jim "No...Try not. Do ... or do not. There is no try." Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Yeah.... it was discussed and decided. We don't do division here... ;)
    As far as I'm concerned, your good.

azman857, geedubya, gggGary and 4 others like this.
  13. samoran1

samoran1 XS650 Addict

I don't think it was as much division as it was just confusion on which bike(s) was being used for nomination is all. If you're voted in they all get in, no worries.

TwoManyXS1Bs, MaxPete, robinc and 2 others like this.
  14. 650Skull

650Skull Dogonit Top Contributor

It is encouraged to show off the bike, (more pics), and post some interesting information about the build and links to a build thread if any.........Self promotion gets you votes

Boog, Mailman and Jim like this.
  15. Boog

Boog Traveling Stroyteller

I have voted and wish you all the best of luck: there is not a bike on the list that wouldn't love to be seen riding. If all goes well, I hope to have an entry for the next calendar event...

Skip, Mailman and Jim like this.
  16. David Mansure

David Mansure XS650 New Member

Great bikes, all of them!

Skip and Jim like this.
  17. Apexdc

Apexdc It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Wow! I am so pleased and honored to have Prom Queen in the running with these great bikes!

I was incredibly lucky when my high school buddy, Larry Baughman, back in New Mexico, agreed to sell me his old flat track bike to bring back to life.

She has had several lives, so I have brought two of those back and am heading for a third. Built in the early seventies by a Yamaha dealership in Alamagordo, NM, she was flat track raced by Joe Pearce and "Robbie" Robertson in eastern New Mexico and West Texas. In 1976, Robbie borrowed Joe's bike again to run the Bicentennial Pike's Peak Hillclimb. Fortunately, both Joe and Robbie are still around and have helped me a lot with the history of the bike.

Two years, ago I started a complete teardown restoration to flat track configuration. Last year, I recreated the drum brake front wheel and TT pipe setup, as raced at Pike's Peak.

She runs great and sounds really fantastic with the TT pipes (and small baffles), so the next step is going to be fitting a small Bates style headlight and taillight, so I can get street registration. I don't plan any detuning, but I did refit the kickstarter. Anything I do will be reversible, of course.

So, pandering for your vote as much as possible, I hope I end up needing to buy more calendars to send to Larry, Joe and Robbie! Oh, the paint is original. Lots of little cracks, but too cool to change.

Thanks so much to the members on this forum for all the support and information that was sooo valuable with the restoration.

Here is the link to the restoration thread: http://www.xs650.com/threads/help-bring-an-old-flat-track-racebike-back-to-life.51319/#post-538122

Pikes Peak 1976.jpg 2017-04-30 18.51.02.jpg 2017-04-30 18.53.59.jpg
    2017-04-30 18.52.37.jpg 2017-04-30 18.54.50.jpg 2017-04-30 18.52.49.jpg
    2018-05-13 15.06.48.jpg 2018-05-13 15.07.19.jpg 2018-05-13 15.07.09.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  18. racerdave

racerdave ^ Gone not forgotten ^

Wow. Great bikes this year. Glad to see racy retro hot rods getting their due

YamadudeXS650C and Jim like this.
  19. Apexdc

Apexdc It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

What are the standards for final photos? Can we find out if the photos used for the voting are OK?

Thinking and hoping as the votes get closer to closing. Wow! Such nice bikes!

YamadudeXS650C and Jim like this.
  20. Travis

I think Shawn likes to have an 8MP or better image for the main photo. I believe he usually starts a private conversation with all of the winners giving more details about the photos, bio, where to send the photos, etc.

Jim likes this.