Just getting started...'72 XS2 build

dude, My pics are upright on my camera but when I post them they turn whichever way. I've even tried flipping them in the file folder but they still come out funny on here. Anybody got any suggestions?

Suggestion, take 4 pictures, each one with the camera rotated in a different direction.

Like what you call the top up, right side up, bottom up, left side up.

Then post each and see which one is correct when posted.

Simple case of elimination.

Nice of you guy's to kissy make-up. lol. Seriously Brian I've tried it a couple of different ways and they still come out skewed so I figured it's easier to just post them even if you have to turn your head sideways, at least the readers can get an idea.

It's supposed to be here when I get home tomorrow. They fitted and welded the brat kit up for me and I can't wait to see it. I'll post pics as soon as I can...Maybe I'll get them lined up the right way this time....:)

OK so I am going to RAVE about the job Monstercraftsman did on my frame. With costing me anything above what i paid for the kit they custom made one for my '72 frame, welded it up and sent it back. I highly recommend them for their customer service... Brian, I flipped the pic two different ways an it still came out the same....sorry

Attachments

• IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Bratcopy.jpg
    Bratcopy.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 75
Back at it, I hit a swap meet and picked up a few things online. I'm going to try and post pics but no guarantee i'll get them upright lol. Starting at the beginning, I picked up a sportster tank, a set and springs and I found a really cool old dirtbike fender at the swap meet with a nice shape and duck-tail end.IMG_1459.jpgIMG_1460.jpgIMG_1485.jpg I found tires at MC superstore online for $48 apiece/free shipping and ordered those up.of course I pinched one of the tubes pitting them on and had to go get a patch kit. A few minutes to dry and back in the tire. This time I got it. Looks like a roller to me....IMG_1510.jpgIMG_1511.jpg Appears I still can't get the pics right but you guy's get the idea...

Attachments

• IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 81
OK So I got a different phone and maybe the pics will post the right way lol. So since my last post I've put a few more things together and made a few pieces. I still need to do some welding and find a few more parts, but I'm getting there.bratside.JPGengine.JPGbrathead.JPG

After setting the engine in the frame, mainly just to get it off the floor lol, I started making my parts for the rear fender mount.I bent the rear strut out of round stock and used basic tools around my garage. I bent and fit until I had a shape I liked. Then I cut and fit my mounting tabs. I bought some shock grommets to mount the front of the fender.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

View attachment 49791finishedmountfront.JPG I'll need to weld the front mounts on first, set the fender and that will tell me how long to make the rear strut/bar.matchingmount.jpgreadytoweld.JPGrear mount.JPG

finishedmount.JPG

View attachment 49792

View attachment 49793

Attachments

• cuttingmounts.JPG
    cuttingmounts.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 66
  • fendermounts.JPG
    fendermounts.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 66
  • fittingmount.JPG
    fittingmount.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 73
  • gromments.JPG
    gromments.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 30
Wow, I sure made a mess of that post lol let me try that againbentstrut.JPG

strutbender.JPG A couple I missed. One trick I used though is to put a magnet in a baggie and it draws all the metal drilling chips to it. Turn the baggie inside out when done and the magnet is clean and the shavings stay inside the bag.magnettrick.JPG

Back