Just getting started.

Yay!!! I finished mocking up the wiring harness last night!!! Everything works too. Now with that out of the way I can tidy the mess up. I'm so happy i finally have that out of the way. That task has been my nemisiss.

My bud fabed up the rear fender struts and they look pretty sick. Now it's just clean and tidy and I'll be able to push the XS out for its first run. I am really excited. So excited I wanted to keep going last night, but I have this thing called work that runs my life. Oh well, there is always another day....

Well 99% of the fab work is done. Just need to finish the fuel and brake plumbing. Here is where we finished up last night.

photo-156.jpg

photo-158.jpg

Just placed a parts order from XS650Direct. Should be what I need to get this on the road. Super excited!!! I've been building this for a year but it feels like forever. Can't wait to see the courier pull up with a box of goodies.

That is where the majority of the electronics are. Things like the regulartor, diode rectifier, and the starter solenoid. Things are pretty neat but short on space.

About halfway down page 4 you can see what we started putting in that box.

Got enough parts today from XS650Central.com (Canadian MikesXS) to finish her off. I hope. Well with the exception of a couple brake hoses. But hey, I can see the finish line off in the distance.

Alrighty, maybe I am crazy...... But my psychiatrist says I'm not.

I got a new throttle sleve and grips. I cannot get the grip onto the sleeve. Its just to small. The pair of grips are both the same size and only fit onto the bare bars. Did I get screwed? I love the look of them, but it just wont fit on.

Delivery man came today. Gots me a new back tire and F&R stainless braided brake lines. I got some work to do tomorrow night.

Also picked up a new set of grips that fit a new helmet for the first ride.

Last edited:
Well it's off the stand and on the ground. I think I should start a new thread here or put her in the "Let see the XS" thread as well.

photo-174.jpg

Changed the image

Last edited:
Back