Kinda funny: registration

angus67

Welder's penetrate deeper!!
Reaction score
We have it pretty easy up here in Washington state, compared to the states that require inspections, And my 650 was a basket case turned chop, they registered it no questions asked, as if it was stock.
But, I renewed my tabs today, and noticed I have the wrong plate on it! Had it on for two years. previous registration shows different plate number too. I been racing' around on my beater chop for two years with the wrong plate! Good thing Mason county only responds to shooting, and domestic violence.
Another thing I noticed on my registration is my bike weighs 1,850 Lbs!!!!! WTF?
I'm betting since its chopped, and minimal, only could way 400 lbs. tops.
My 2003 Suzuki marauder weighs in at 456lbs wet.
Does this calculate into more taxes for roads because of weight?
I never really paid too much attention to the paper, as long as I have the paper.
I'm going to dmv tomorrow ask about this. If they want a photo, or state patrol inspection, i'm screwed. no front fender, no horn, no front turn signals, no low beam(its wired to only hi beam all the time{off or high beam}) and the back turn signals are really close to each other.
Stupid. :laugh: if they want to see it, I will say its in pieces being restored. I really doubt I will have issue. the licensing agency is a small hole in the wall(literally, you have to walk 50 feet down a narrow hall between papa Murphy's and the Laundromat to get to the counter) The ladies there are nice to me.
Anybody else with anomalies on there registrations?:laugh:

... I'm going to dmv tomorrow ask about this...

Warning, Will Robinson!

Long time ago I bought a really old used car for parts. Title transfer, I didn't know the mileage, so the lady just put "broken" in the odometer box.

Big mistake.

I got threatening DMV letters, must present vehicle to a special inspection station. Had to tow it there. They went all thru that thing, then found that the odometer worked fine. I told them that the DMV lady listed "broken" because I couldn't remember the mileage.

They were not happy.

I was not happy.

Learned my lesson. Clerical errors can land you in the electric chair...

Warning, Will Robinson!

Clerical errors can land you in the electric chair...

Mom had some physical therapy, provider coded the treatment to medicare. They used three letters for the treatment code that to medicare meant; patient dead. Enter; bureaucratic hell. They notified all insurance and social security; mom was dead. The condolences, payment and policy cancellations began pouring in. It took the threat of my congressman to get medicare and social security to agree to bring her back to life. Ended up with a file an inch thick, about 2 months with literally DAYS on the phone before everything was back to normal, THREE STINKING letters on a computer keyboard!

yikes!! mabey I will just tell them I lost the plate, and not say anything about the weight.
didn't go today, late day at work.

Hi angus,
I'd had my '84 Heritage for mebbe a week when the local Mountie asked me "Where's your plate?"
"On the back of the bike" I said, then I looked. All you could see was the plate's two fatigued off upper corners and the bolts that held them on with the rest of the plate left somewhere along Hwy 44.
Seems I'd found out the hard way that my shiny new Yamaha vibrated even worse than my old Triumph.
The replacement and all subsequent plates are rubber mounted.
But you can carefully fatigue off two corners of your plate to take in and show your friendly DMV lady and tell her a similar sad story.

Hi angus,
I'd had my '84 Heritage for mebbe a week when the local Mountie asked me "Where's your plate?"
"On the back of the bike" I said, then I looked. All you could see was the plate's two fatigued off upper corners and the bolts that held them on with the rest of the plate left somewhere along Hwy 44.
Seems I'd found out the hard way that my shiny new Yamaha vibrated even worse than my old Triumph.
The replacement and all subsequent plates are rubber mounted.
But you can carefully fatigue off two corners of your plate to take in and show your friendly DMV lady and tell her a similar sad story.

Lost mine three times. Third time I felt a bump when I hadn't seen any. The whole taillight had flown off and got sucked back in between rear tire and fender. Do keep fenders, always. Taillight still works, LEDs rock. It hadn't broken, the nuts simply backed off and it fell.

My plate looks like shit now, it's bolted to a smaller steel one, it won't take much for it to fall apart.

Not exactly the same thing... but I got a speeding ticket on Mt. Rainier some time back. Then like 5 years later I got stopped because my tag light had blown...... I was promptly arrested for driving on a suspended license and spent the night in jail...the cop was my age and a total duche btw..... I had paid the speeding ticket like 2 weeks after I got it....but...Georgia..my state of residence at the time...had tacked on a $25 processing fee and mailed me the bill to the wrong address....When I didn't get it....or pay it....they suspended my license. I had to go to jail...and court, and provide my documents proving I had paid the ticket and GA had sent my FEE to the wrong address. Of course they dropped the charges but the judge made me stand in front of everyone and say that what I had done was wrong....I went to jail for $25 5 years after an incident where I paid my dues and then had to admit wrong doing......Kinda pissed me off.

it didn't fatigue off, I just had the wrong plate on it. I think the plate on it was my brothers for his 87 intruder. I will have to call him and ask if he accidently put my plate on it.
I just told the lady im restoring the bike, and its in pieces, just cant find the plate. $14 later and im out the door with a new plate.

Back