Kowalski

I also considered a KLR, I went to look at it right before buying the V-Strom. A lot to be said for that big thumper. Guys take them around the world and they just run and run.
Great bike.

Breaking your hip on a remote ride is a nightmare scenario. Man! Glad you made it out to live another day. I had a similar experience when I was in high school. I was riding a dirt bike alone in the desert , which is not smart to begin with and I was riding along a trail that crossed side of a steep mountain.
I smashed my right knee on a rocky outcrop and was unable to get up. Took me a LONG time to get back up and then kick start that bike with a leg I could hardly stand on. I had youth on my side. I made it out ....barely.

Breaking your hip on a remote ride is a nightmare scenario. Man! Glad you made it out to live another day. I had a similar experience when I was in high school. I was riding a dirt bike alone in the desert , which is not smart to begin with and I was riding along a trail that crossed side of a steep mountain.
I smashed my right knee on a rocky outcrop and was unable to get up. Took me a LONG time to get back up and then kick start that bike with a leg I could hardly stand on. I had youth on my side. I made it out ....barely.
Experiences like this can "build character", and resiliency I believe, for some people. Especially when someone is young, as you were.
But I'm not the person who coined the phrase.

Last edited:
so we can use a bike other than xs for the photos? Since mine isnt running i would use my yamaha venture.Lots of cool places around here to shoot.
Rules ??
I guess we need to form a Rules Committee.
Robert's Rules of Order postulates that we would need to first take nominations.............
just kidding ;)
I hate rules.
If someone has a problem with Ron using his Venture, speak your mind. As for myself, I vote for your Venture to be "In" the game, given the extraordinary circumstances.
However, it was 2Many's idea.
We'll let him grab for the pistol, if he wants to.

Note that I set up a special thread for the Game.

I shall be on the road tomorrow,camera in hand.I have a cattelac I want you all to see.
I have no problem with it. We all love interesting pics.

Maybe a points system.
Bonus points if an XS in the pic.
Bonus points if it's an old filling station.
Bonus points if the old filling station is still pumping gas.

And, the points don't matter...
Cool.
Altho I already stated on the new thread that the garage has to be old, as that's the main thing, the thing that will make the search and the photo interesting. I'll update the thread.

There was at least one other Kowalski in the Movies, and he drove a white 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T.
Please tell me that I'm not the only person who remembers this flick, which was up there with Bullitt.

avan2.jpg
Looks like VANISHING POINT,,, if I remember right

In the middle of my little town there's still a tall pole that supported the sign for a gas station that I watched burn down when I was maybe 15. The weird thing is I remember watching it from a perspective that doesn't exist -- like two or three stories up from a place where there was never any building.

close enough?

View attachment 103913

The (still open for business with car hops, we had lunch) drive in is old, so are the bikes, but I think the riders are holding trump.
I would suggest another new game, Take a Pic of Your XS at an Old Fashioned Drive In, extra points if the waitresses are on roller skates.

My drug days were over by the time I was 15; I was precocious. I ascribe the aforementioned phenomenon to a perturbation in the Multiverse.

Somewhere in South Dakota I came upon a locked up old gas station with a couple of old cars out front populated by a family of mannequins. Everything well-maintained. If there'd been mannequins inside playing checkers it really would have been Twilight Zone.

My drug days were over by the time I was 15; I was precocious. I ascribe the aforementioned phenomenon to a perturbation in the Multiverse.

Somewhere in South Dakota I came upon a locked up old gas station with a couple of old cars out front populated by a family of mannequins. Everything well-maintained. If there'd been mannequins inside playing checkers it really would have been Twilight Zone.

Oh, man, you just HAD to mention the drug days..........

JimiHendrixPoster_SeriousToyz.jpg

Back