Led Turn Signals Still Wont Blink ?

vintagemotocrosser

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey, All.... Tried the 552 2 prong flasher but still am not getting turn signals to blink. I am pretty sure they are wired correctly because I can get them to turn on & off with the switch but they wont blink. The turn signals are mini led models I bought from Cycle Gear. Any other ideas ? I saw that the 552 flasher fixed a lot of the other readers issues.

Thanks
Jeff G......

Not familiar with the 552 flasher but usually you have to use a solid state flasher with LEDs. They rarelt draw enough amperage to operate bimetallic mechanical flashers.

552 won't work, find one that says LED compatible. They will usually say it will flash 1 to a "million" Led's or something like that.

I had a no-flash issue on my bike when installing LED turn signals and using the right flasher. The culprit was the turn signal indicator light in the instrument cluster (don't know if you are running that stuff) - when I took the bulb out, everything worked fine.

-j

I had a no-flash issue on my bike when installing LED turn signals and using the right flasher. The culprit was the turn signal indicator light in the instrument cluster (don't know if you are running that stuff) - when I took the bulb out, everything worked fine.

-j

So did you do a different flasher? Or just yank the bulb?

Are you running a resistor with your leds? I know i had to run resistors on a gsxr i had with led taillights.

The 552 uses a bimetal strip to create the flash if I remember right. The led lights won't draw the amps required to heat the strip to make the flasher flash.

Check all the wiring again. It should not be the software problem it is the hardware problem. Change the wires if possible.

Back