Left Carb dont works in low RPM

ZAIN DIAZ

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I am very concerned : encogimiento de hombros: , MI XS650 SPECIAL II 1981 BETWEEN 1000 AND 2500 APPARENTLY NOT WORK THE LEFT PISTON TO BE HEARD AND THE EXPLOSION . I remove the spark plug wire MOTO LEFT THE CONTINUOUS WORKING WELL WITH PISTON RIGHT SIDE .
THE LAW PISTON WORK HARD AND LISTEN VERY WELL BUT LEFT AFTER 2500 WORKING IS HEARD .
and A PROPERLY ADJUSTING VALVES , compression is above 120 LBS AND WASH CABRS and still the same .

I think the problem is in trim carbs

I really appreciate his advice

thank you !!!:pulgares hacia arriba:

Hi Zain,
most likely you are correct, the left carb's slow running jets, needle and passages are partially blocked so that the left cylinder will only run at 2,500 or higher rpm.
XS650 carbs are well known to need regular cleaning.
Check that the EPA-mandated sealing caps over the slow running needles have been removed.
If the caps are still in place the needles and their associated passages have never been cleaned from new.

www.amakayltd.com/carbguide.pdf will help you with your carbs.
Just follow the guide to tear down, clean, inspect your carbs. Then reassemble and adjust as you go along.
The tiny holes up by the throttle plates, I use the wire tie of a loaf of bread. It has a very tiny steel wire inside a plastic or paper cover. Strip the cover off about 1/2 inch of one end. This wire is very soft. Use it to carefully probe those holes as well as the jets.
These lets the carb cleaner do a quicker job of cleaning the crap out.
Leo

Could be the left carb slide is not in synch with the right side and you have a little engine speed up before the left slide starts rising. Make sure they start rising together perfectly.

Back