leftovers!

Irish_prick

master of the cut'n wheel
Reaction score
well after long build with the ACO bobber. i had alot of parts and unused ideas left over some stuff just didn't fit the build but it was still cool so i went look 'n for a new donor bike with papers and found Daniel from Pandemonium custom choppers he had a hardtailed frame with paper. so after a few phone call's. Me and my bubby John boy jumped in his civic and made the trip to defaince to get the ugly TCbro's frame witch i'll change a few things on. everthing on it soild its just the tc hardtails look cheap. so with a pretty much stock wheel base frame im go'n to do a Fisco this time. tall lanesplitter bars, mid pags with a crazy hand shift and footclutch. some mod'd up stock mags and whats left of the Model A tire cover. the ebox will be an old HD sporty "lunch box" oil tank. Maybe that m50 moped tank. i may put a single amal monobloc carb on this one i have to see if Melv has anymore of those sweet intakes. This one will be Bare bones Hotrod style but this time with a fisco twist . here are the parts so far. im hit'n a swap meet this weekend to see what else i can find.

0805122037.jpg

yep im go'n to build another foot clutch set up for this one also. i'll just change it alittle from the ACO bobber design to work with the mids and i got the green light on my intake so it's go'n to be a preunit monobloc Amal carb on the this hotrod. now i just got to dig one out of my shed...lol

What kind of carb? I'm new to the xs and some of this old term is messing me up lol

Monobloc amal It's an OLD british or "triumph" Carb i used a set of 930 amal carbs (diffrent and newer style then a monobloc)on my last build. not a lot of people use Amal crabs on anything and i've only seen 2 other xs's with amals on them. and one of them is the guy that makes my intakes. so it's not realy a xs thing but it is when i do them

Last edited:
well it took a bit of dig'n threw the old brit stuff in the shed but here it is a monobloc 389 amal. may not look good now but let me clean the shit off of it
DSCN0493.jpg

it was cool to meet someone from here and chat bikes and hell now that i know where ur at im sure i be'n see'n you for some parts i got my ironhead to rebuild this winter and ur fuck you model a taillight may have to go on that and i got the 930's go'n on the ACO bobber and ive ran a set of these on a preunit i had so we'll see if this fly's if not i have a 932 i good shape as back up

it's a roller! kind of.

0814121023.jpg

i picked up the frontend, wheel and brake set up sunday at the swap meet from the guys of Court house customs. it was a ok price. no tank thow there wasn't a cool tank at a good price there but i could have bought HD fatbobs all day for 50bucks. It's look'n like that m50 moped tank may make a come back!

i also got some pentagon grips for this build like the ones pictured here on my ACO bike

0814121057.jpg

so as this is not the bike i went the for the build off im throw'n. im go'n to throw some cool parts at it and make a hotrod bobber out of it.

i started trim'n the over moldded stock and "custom" gussets that where put on with tac welds and body filler

here's how i got the frame

20121209_182812.jpg

20121209_182805.jpg

here's the ruff cuts. i took off the top motor mount and i'll be clean'n up the areas for new gusset and mount 2morrow. the seat section was plated off with 1/4 steel and then moldded smooth i wasnt a fan of it so i cut part of it out and added some style to the remaining steel. i'll put some speedholes in it later.

20121209_193429.jpg

20121209_200559.jpg

I dig it man... Any pics of you foot clutch set up?

here the one i make and sell now the and the prototype i did for my aco build
click here

That Amal carb is gonna be sweet.. Even looks good as is.

the monobloc amals are out of this build it will run stock carbs or amal 930's
i'm put'n the monoblocs on my xs2 when i rebuild it after i button this up and sell it

i got some work done on this bike over the weekend. i got the new neck gusset made and tac'd in they look so much better then the stock crap there made from some 10g i had lay'n around and then i started work'n on the rear axle plates. when i got the frame it had no spacers weldded to it and there was alot of play in the axle so i trim the stock spacers off a scrap set of stock axle plate add ill weld them up when i brake the bike down to paint and clean up everthing

20121215_092459_zps46236526.jpg

20121215_102909_zpsabc21ee9.jpg

20121216_150422_zps50803955.jpg

20121216_150445_zps00586f48.jpg

Back