Lesters Swing Arm bobber, Brat type build thread

How much did you end up taking out.

H3llB3nt1,

I cut 80mm out of both bars... just alittle over 3 inches.
I also reworked the angle, a bit straighter now. Don't look too bad acctually.
I'll post pic of the other one too... its a bit narrower

Lester

Here is a shot of a quick mock up.... not bad for a girl bike...

full

Some more shots of the other set of bars and the headlight... working on converting it to a 12v hallogen buld.

full

full

Have a great weekend!

I WANT THAT TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Looks great Lester. Do you still have a little space left at top of tank to lower it?

Here is a shot of a quick mock up.... not bad for a girl bike...

Some more shots of the other set of bars and the headlight... working on converting it to a 12v hallogen buld.

Have a great weekend!

Lester,
Looking really good. I am looking forward to seeing how you convert the light, and mount it. As yoou know, I am doing the exact same thing with pretty much the same light.

Last edited:
Thanks guys... the tankdoesit allin my opinion... the wife balled when she saw the mustang tank I had for her bike and I gave in.... not wanting to give upthe low tank look Inow have to figure out what tankI amti use.

The picture looks kind of funny but the tank is all the way down... it just a wedg there giving an optical illusion...did see that until now.

Have a good weekend
Lester

Last edited:
OK guys her comes the conversion to 12v hallogen.
The original was 6v glow bulb, as the headlight came off a 125cc Tempo 60's model Norwegian produced motorcycle with Sachs engine (German).

Anyways.. I got a hold of a Hella reflector but the lens was flat which I thought ruined the whole look of the headlight. Well carefully I broke of the flat lens and clean up the surfaces. Then I fitted the nice original concave lens to the new reflector with 12v hallogen reflector. It came out great I just hope the lens can handle the heat of the halogen bulb.

Here is the Hella doner

full

Flat lens "removed"

full

Old lens on new reflector

full

got it in the bezel after some fitting

full

Head light ready I have ordered a ammeter to have in the instrument 58m hole.

full

full

Lester,
I must say, your conversion was not quite the path I was envisioning but it turned out awesome. I can't believe how much your headlight can and mine look alike. I know that mine was made by Aprilia, Is yours marked in any way? What diameter is the light you used? I know I can fit 5 3/4" in mine.

I worked a little today on designing some mounts, but I will probably just buy some 35mm headlight ears from eBay.

Great job as always Lester.

That head light is going to be Right! I got to ask though whats up with the blood under the finger nail.. I bet that smarted a bit......

full

That head light is going to be Right! I got to ask though whats up with the blood under the finger nail.. I bet that smarted a bit......

LOL... hurt like a you know what! :yikes:
The impact from the hammer came from the side too... alot worse than straight on like it usually happends. Gotta stop doing that!

Last edited:
Lester,
I just started following your build and I'm waiting till after spring when I can tackle my own "brat" build. Anywho I love your light assembly and I want one just like that. can you tell me where you got it and if there are anymore?
Thanks,
Walt

Back