Let's hear it from Indiana members

Fort Wayne. Bought this off craigslist about a month ago. Some of you may have seen it on there. Its a nice bike but I'm probably putting too much money in it considering what I paid for it (just bolt ons). Planning on doing a new exhaust, 3 tree, clip ons, tires, springs, cafe seat, chrome headlight, have fort boots, and like to get the tank painted (even though the paint is fresh) and find some side covers.

Im a new rider and have no mechanical experience so its all new to me, having fun though.

woops, heres the bike.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 135
Im planning on going to motogp this year. Ill be going to the mile the endurocross and also the gp. I love the whole experience.

I'm in Indy NW side. My XS is at Ardcore being hardtailed at the moment. I built my Harley last winter so I decided to build a little bobber this winter. I've been gathering parts and getting things lined up...hopefully I'll have it done by mid may or so.

It seems like a lot of XS guys around Indy and the rest of the state. It would be cool to get them all together sometime in the middle of the summer. I would love to check out all the bikes. Maybe we could set something up on a weekend sometime.

Indy Mile races are my favorite event of the summer.

I only think I have missed 2 of those since 1972. It is on during the fair this year like it used to be! Check this old one from long before my time!

Attachments

• 0001-4015.jpg
    0001-4015.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 130
It seems like a lot of XS guys around Indy and the rest of the state. It would be cool to get them all together sometime in the middle of the summer. I would love to check out all the bikes. Maybe we could set something up on a weekend sometime.

I like this idea:thumbsup:

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

THE VJMC 35th Anniversary National Rally

Plans for the 35th Anniversary National Rally are almost done. We have the dates, and place. Reserve August 9, 10 and 11 (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) for your time to come and enjoy meeting your fellow VJMC members and riding some really great roads.

The place is Indiana's Spring Mill State Park, which is situated about 65 miles South of Indianapolis. The Inn at the park is really good and far above normally expected at such sites. We have reserved a block of rooms and a dining room for our use. Roads in the area are well known among Midwest riders and many clubs gather there for rides. In addition to some great riding, there are other numerous interesting places to visit like the Crystal Palace in West Baden Springs. This was the largest free standing dome in the world until the Houston Astrodome was built and it is simply astounding. This part of the state is also widely known for it limestone mines where limestone for the Empire State building, the Washington Monument and other famous buildings around the country was quarried.

We will have further details in a few weeks.

****hows bout meeting up here******

I'll have to double check the dates, but it sounds great. Due to work, I may only have Saturday available. I could just ride down for the day to meet some of you guys and check out the bikes.

Indy - East Side, I'm just at the start of a long XS project. I'm open to any advice, help, etc. I check out the Vintage Bike Night at the Steer In the first Thursday of every month, and I'll check out the Rocker's Reunion this May.

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club

THE VJMC 35th Anniversary National Rally

Plans for the 35th Anniversary National Rally are almost done. We have the dates, and place. Reserve August 9, 10 and 11 (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) for your time to come and enjoy meeting your fellow VJMC members and riding some really great roads.

The place is Indiana's Spring Mill State Park, which is situated about 65 miles South of Indianapolis. The Inn at the park is really good and far above normally expected at such sites. We have reserved a block of rooms and a dining room for our use. Roads in the area are well known among Midwest riders and many clubs gather there for rides. In addition to some great riding, there are other numerous interesting places to visit like the Crystal Palace in West Baden Springs. This was the largest free standing dome in the world until the Houston Astrodome was built and it is simply astounding. This part of the state is also widely known for it limestone mines where limestone for the Empire State building, the Washington Monument and other famous buildings around the country was quarried.

We will have further details in a few weeks.

****hows bout meeting up here******

I have reserved a campsite at Spring Mill State Park for this event. Several people from Lousville, Ky will be attending and camping. Our Group, Louisville Vintage Motorcycle Group have blocked off a total of 5 sights. 6 people per sight.

I live in southern Indiana/Clark County.

Back