1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Mai's interesting xs650 at the London Bike Shed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by peanut, Sep 13, 2019.

1. peanut

peanut XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

can't wait ? cut to around 5 minutes 30 for startup and ride off;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. arcticXS

arcticXS XS650 Junkie

I like it. Basic, classic, simple, cool!

Jim and peanut like this.
  3. peanut

peanut XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

are you talking about the bike or the chic ?:)

Jim likes this.
  4. arcticXS

arcticXS XS650 Junkie

Good question! I actually liked both

peanut and Jim like this.
  5. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

I like the forward controls. Interesting pivot point for the rear brake pedal...

peanut and Jim like this.
  6. peanut

I thought it was her 'forward controls' that ArticXS was talking about :)

You're very observant 2M.... I'll have to watch it again I hadn't noticed. I certainly noticed how well it idled and pulled away smoothly ...it sounded great

TwoManyXS1Bs and Jim like this.
  7. peanut

I agree and I am not a fan of hard tails but that is a well designed, un fussy attractive bike .:)

torkoust, arcticXS and Bewarethemoon like this.
  8. peterg

peterg XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Canada
    No air filters! That can’t be good for performance.

9. arcticXS

arcticXS XS650 Junkie

I guess that hardtail design allows no space for that kind of luxury.....Maybe 4" of stretch could have helped in that respect. Anyway, I don't think air filters would improve performance over correctly jetted open carbs, but velocity stacks should.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    peanut likes this.
  10. peterg

peterg XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Canada
    I was thinking of all that London grit getting sucked into the engine.

11. arcticXS

arcticXS XS650 Junkie

Yes, THAT is definitely an issue!

12. JRay77

JRay77 XS650 Addict

Yeah I'd definitely put some kinda screen/filter with a hose clamp on those carbs. I've never been a fan of those King and queen tall seats either. Different strokes for different folks as they say. Nice ride all in all and she's having fun. Most important. It's art. It's what she wanted and she's having fun.

13. peanut

I expect they thought that a stretched, long wheelbase design wouldn't suit weaving in and out of busy London commuter traffic ;) I think keeping to the original wheelbase and fork setup is more practical for her riding location :) I hope that someone gives her some advice about fitting some foam filters soon , it would be a shame to damage that engine

arcticXS likes this.