Mecham Motorcycle Auction in Las Vegas

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I'm watching a delayed broadcast of the auction right now, from earlier in the day. Really fascinating and beautiful bikes.
You can go to the website and see photos of all the bikes and what they sold for. Some very rare bikes and just very cool bikes.

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/las-vegas-motorcycle-2019/lots/

The big money is going to the really old and rare stuff, other than that...
High prices for
Kawasaki two stroke triples and Z-1’s
Yamaha two strokes RD350’s and 400’s and RZ liquid cooled two strokes
Early motocross, really surprised by money for CZ motocross bikes
How about a Yamaha DT360 for $11,000
Honda early CB750’s and CBX’s going for big money
Anyways, it’s very interesting to scroll through!

I watch'd live via U tube... very few XS units.. a nice 73' went for peanuts.. of course the Crockers hammer'd for big bucks... Honda Super Hawks between $9-12,000... Monkey bikes did well... a local fellow entered his collection of Brits.. he sold 99% of his units..we think he pull'd about $400,000.oo. I didn't see any deals.. or bargains… mostly sticker shock.
You can sign up on line.. and ck out the bikes with the sold prices. Speak'n of sticker shock.. the IMS (International M/C Show) is this week.. I'll post something about it.

Sold a 93 GTS1000 this weekend, nice 11K miles, running great, all original, new tires, "never down" but had lots of scratches on paint (years in a garage with kids, kind O stuff. got $4400 which kind of surprised me, just on CL in January. He was just the perfect buyer, saw one in a show room when they were new but could only afford a 600, vowed he'd own one some day. They are quite rare in the US. only about 1000 in 2 years production. That'll be the bane of the XS prices there are just so many of them.

Last edited:
Back