mikes XS starter plug

mobsters1972

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

i was wondering if anyone purchased the starter motor plug assy from Mikes XS and installed in. The product came with no directions and i was wondering if someone could help me out. I have no clue on how to install it.

Thank you ahead of time for all your help.

I read a post a little while ago about the whole install. Someone should chime in or you could do a search. Good luck

Unfortunately i was not able to find any posts that would help me, Mikes XS has not gotten back to me yet and i am not sure they will. Trying to figure this out so i can start the bike.

Unfortunately i was not able to find any posts that would help me, Mikes XS has not gotten back to me yet and i am not sure they will. Trying to figure this out so i can start the bike.

They won't. If they do you'll wish they hadn't. Pull the left side cover off (footpeg and shifter too) then the little odd shaped cover on the bottom right. That will have two gears, get them out and pull the starter. You will see the hole and put the backing plate on the inside, then the other with the seal on the starter side (outside) Tighten it up. Use some black RTV silicone too and let it set up a couple hours befor adding oil.

Back