"Milwaukee Iron" an 81 hulk, clawing back from the brink.

I think it's mainly that the carb bench is in the room with the wood stove........ :pimp:
Out of shaft seals again, ordered 20 more. Need to get some 70-73 carb sets done.

How did you get so many? I feel lucky just to have a couple spare sets, and it took years to stumble across them, lol.

Road test!
dscn3405-jpg.131578

Legal as a beagle. Upper 30's F, no lights, rear brake only, running good on the second set of BS34's I rebuilt this month. Think I have 135 mains in this set 42.5 PJs washer mod on the needles. just bench synched. Motor sounds awesome, no smoke, no oil out the breather. Clutch, shifting all good. Charging great, 14.6 ish at speed. (no lighting load LOL) Woot, Woot! That pipe seems quite decent!! not stupid loud.

Your side covers could do with a bit of a clean-up Gary. They really don’t sparkle like that tank....:rolleyes:

Other than that - it looks really nice!

Pete

If Partzilla runs outta shaft seals, we'll know who to blame, lol.

They didn't have enough, had to reorder, should have all fresh stock now, thanks to me! :rock:
finishing up set three, set four is apart on a cookie, sheet, think I might be able to get 2 more sets of BS34's done after these. Ordered a bunch of SS screws, washers, e clips, half nuts, to help make em pretty......

Coming right along Gary. I do like the 2 in 1 pipes you have there. Great work!
An old set of MAC pipes also labeled Racers Cho1ce made of heavier gauge steel than the later pipes, baffle is welded, not as loud, that's a good thing.

While I continue to use normal Allens on the carb bottoms (bowls, angle bracket), I've switched to using button heads on the tops. I think they blend in better .....

4RX0uaP.jpg

i1EfWxI.jpg

Reducing the air jet a couple sizes (to a 130) would richen up your idle circuit a little bit, probably like going up a half a pilot jet size. I plan on trying this on mine before I actually go up a pilot jet size. I'm hoping it will be enough to counteract the muffler drilling the P.O. did .....

fdpwlZm.jpg

Just that one little mod to my otherwise stock machine was enough to effect the BS34s, making them a bit too lean.

Putting this set together with 45 pilots, 135 mains, needle washer mod. Have small mains so an air jet adjust can easily be tried. The set already on milwaukee iron seems a bit lean at idle yet. but I can adjust the idle screws out a bit more. It was not exactly fully warmed up. On this bike/carb set the idle screw adjustment is making a noticeable difference in idle. Not so much on period piece. :shrug:.

Been taking care of details, all lights on and working, horn, check.
Front brake overhauled new brake line quickly got hard lever.
Think I'm done with it for now. Funny how it was "just a quick wake up" back in October now 2018 is gone.
Put ona rear view mirror and it should be legal. Needs a title.
DSCN3458.JPG

Might run it around a bit as a "winter bike". Time to get a different project in the garage. Prolly a winters worth of should ought-to's need doing on the fleet, maybe a get a few of those done, then see about getting a bike under one of the "wall hanging sets". :whistle:

Might run it around a bit as a "winter bike". Time to get a different project in the garage. Prolly a winters worth of should ought-to's need doing on the fleet, maybe a get a few of those done, then see about getting a bike under one of the "wall hanging sets". :whistle:

Oooh! I’ve been just waiting to hear you say you are ready to build one of your early bikes! Do you have one in mind to start with?

Back