Motorcycle dropped twice

xs650newb

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have been out of the country for about 3 weeks and when I got back my room mate told me he dropped my motorcycle twice while moving it aroud in the garage. It fell once on each side. There is no cosmetic damage but I don't know about the engine. Is there anythig I can check before starting it up? I wanna make sure when I start it up I don't damage something.

He tells me that both times it was a very soft fall.

Adam

Sorry, but that story has me chuckling. Something about dropping it TWICE, once on each side, is hilarious. Who is this guy you have chosen for a roomate?

I'm sure it's fine. Fire it up.

The only thing I'd have a look at is the battery to make sure it hasn't shifted or moved out of position.

You guys are letting the roomie off too easy. Kick him in the nuts (once on each side) THEN call it good. He should have known better than to allow your bike to fall. How fricking complicated is it to keep it on two wheels while moving it?

Your gonna need to do a complete teardown to be sure. The hydro rods may have shifted out of place. to do this your looking at 10+hours of labor and a complete gasket kit, new rings, bearings ect.

yeah tell your room mate that you have to bring it to a motopractor to have it adjusted now due to the shock. It'll probably cost at least as much as 2 cases of sam adams.

One for each drop.

Seriously what kind of idiot drops the bike twice?

Put his car up on jackstands...gently though and leave the jack at your girlfriends house for a week.

Adam...now tell the truth, we are all friends here...did YOU drop the bike? We all have at one time or another. One time I was moving my RG500 Walter Wolf Gamma across the garage, put the kickstand up, rolled it into place and turned around and walked off! Took at least 5 or 10 seconds before I heard the crash. I have no idea what I was thinking...I guess I thought it'd stand up by itself. Super brain-fade. C'mon guys, admit it...you've dropped one in the garage sometime.

Back