motorcycle pancake jack

I went to a junkyard and bought a car scissor jack. I welded a piece of 1/4 metal to the top and it works great. Cost me about $7. It probably about 3 inches high.

IMG_3801.jpg

I stole the image from chopcult but I made the same jack.

8133910.jpg

I have the same one but I kind of hate it. Those adjustable arms are a pain in the ass. If its not in the perfect spot the bike slides off of them and is a pain especially when the front end is off or something.

Well the black brackets can be removed completely - I like the option of having them as I have removed my center stands from all my project bikes so from time to time it's nice to be able to put the bike upright without using my front wheel chock.

Ya I use mine without center stands too and just jack it up from the centerstand tabs. Works great. Pedestals come in handy on different bikes. Had a Rebel and an old Triumph on them.

Im looking to get one also. About 3 yrs ago I made the car jack ones. works for the xs,s bit not so hot on the harleys! Think Im going with the blackjack.

Nice. That's probably the best one for the money I've seen yet. Wonder if its as stable as some of the more expensive ones. It still doesn't go as low as the one i bought but dang close and half the price. I need a couple more so I think ill give that one a shot also and I'll be able to give a honest comparison.

Well I got the one i bought off eBay and its really nice. Very heavy duty,the jack weighs 35 lbs. Nice size, goes really low and cranks up easily.
2012-02-18160849.jpg

The rubber pad is a nice touch. Honestly, I rarely use any of the attachments that came with my BlackJack. Instead, I have several 2 x 6's cut to just the right lengths needed to span to the frame rails for the various bikes I own. Got that tip from my dealer. He has the BlackJack as well and uses wood mostly for the pads. This works well if the pipes hang lower than the frame rails.

Back