Mr. Lucky's / Paughco Frame

I don't have a link, its a big harley rally for hospic. Its at stone city on 53 and laraway. Starts a 3 $20 entry w/ beer and bands.

gggGary, I don't speak those languages very well myself. I don't know what a "dropout" is either.
As far as the lugs on the lower rear of the axle plates, they remind me of the old bikes kick stand mount. The kick stand was a square shaped loop that hooked to each side of the axle plates. When swung up it hooked to a catch on the rear fender. When used it pick the rear wheel up. It locked in place by going over center and stopping against the axle plate.

Dropouts is a bicycle term, as the axle holes are open on one end so you can just loosen the axle,(usually with a quick release), and the wheel will "drop out". You're more correct in calling them axle plates. But, hey, we get the jist of it anyway.

Thought you guys might like to see some pics as the frame arrived today.

Kent

SDC11942.jpg

SDC11943.jpg

SDC11944.jpg

SDC11946.jpg

SDC11947.jpg

SDC11948.jpg

SDC11950.jpg

SDC11957.jpg

SDC11959.jpg

You spend that much on a frame at least they could have wire wheeled the welds to get the spatter off. I'm just hatin' cuz I'm jealous and broke. Will look pretty slick when you finish the bike.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah. Hate away. :D At least they put on mounts for the mid pegs, rear brake, and rear fender. More than I was expecting from the original photo. Guess it's a good thing I was planning on mid controls.

Kent

Nice. Cool to see they give you a little extra for your cash with the tank and rear fender mounts and the pivot point for the rear brake. So, how much like Christmas was it, exactly? lol

Nice. Cool to see they give you a little extra for your cash with the tank and rear fender mounts and the pivot point for the rear brake. So, how much like Christmas was it, exactly? lol

It just ain't Christmas if I'm not wielding a utility knife and slicing away the tape! Nothing like pulling in the drive and seeing a frame sitting on your front porch. :rock:

Kent

Last edited:
I really am surprised that it came with mid-mounts and a fender mount. What if this isn't what you wanted? Did they ask before you bought it? Surprising.

I really am surprised that it came with mid-mounts and a fender mount. What if this isn't what you wanted? Did they ask before you bought it? Surprising.

No, they didn't ask, but it you look more closely at their roller kit, it does include all of this, so I guess it's not surprising. Luckily, that's what I wanted, so it worked out well. I will say that I've been emailing back and forth with Ed Martin, and he's been very helpful, fast responses, and I even spoke with him on the phone this evening. I'm sure if you really didn't want something on the frame, he could probably have something worked out. Building this one for the wife (I'm sure I'll ride it too), but her styling choices are different from what I would want. I guess I'll just have to build another one day. :thumbsup:

Kent

Don't get me wrong, I think the frame looks sweet and you will make it your own, it was just kind of weird that stuff was already there. Usually, there would be nothing at all so you could chose. I am looking forward to see how it comes out. I love the shape.

Thanks! I was surprised too, but luckily in a good way. I've got some maintenance parts coming for the engine including POD filters. I want to get them dialed in a bit before I pull the engine. I can do the final tuning later, but I'd like to have it close before I pull it. Have to focus on getting my garage cleaned up so I can get some work done this winter.

Kent

I'll take extra freebies any day. If you don't want it... cut it off.

I could get into that old argument about buying weld-on hardtails and sporty tanks and the idea that you're "making it your own", but people get really pissy when I say that for some reason... :shrug:

Back