Muffy

I guess I'm old school too in that I think a cafe should have a 2-2 exhaust. The MikesXS Commando system is very nice. I have the Commando mufflers on MAC headpipes .....

8xen8Ef.jpg

The mufflers sound great and performance is better than stock. Another muffler I'd like to try someday are the actual Commando mufflers, peashooters I think they call them .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Norton-Commando-Seamless-Reverse-Cone-Big-Bore-Mufflers-1-1-2-ID/310800503838?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

2-1's are known to be difficult to tune for. Most aren't designed with performance in mind, just to fit on the bike. Many scrape in corners as well. Honestly, a 2-2 system is a better choice. Twins perform best with them.
I am leaning towards 2 into 2 It looks more balanced and for tuning. Seen and heard enough of scraping and have experienced it also.
Thanks

That is a great looking bike as it sits. What year is on the ownership? Tins look like 75, but forks may be from a Special as the caliper is in the rear which means you have 35mm forks instead of the 34mm from 75. I am also guessing that the Special that donated the forks also donated the exhaust PO probably brazed the holes from the cross over pipe - all good. Compression may improve as it gets a few tanks of gas through it.
Let the group know what parts you need - many members have spares.

G'day,

My '76C has the caliper mounted on the rear of the fork leg and is 34mm.

Yes, they did that on the '76 model. It was the only early caliper and 34mm fork with it mounted on the rear.

Yes, they did that on the '76 model. It was the only early caliper and 34mm fork with it mounted on the rear.

+1 on that - it could be a ‘76 fork. Look for the speedo unit anchors on the LH side slider.

I have the same setup as 5Twins .But if I change again it would be OMARS exhaust 2 into 2.
I listened to a set on a 650 and they sound amazing, deep, loud enough with being offensive
and quality.I also would like to test a set of the old style for the xs1 that Mikes sells,suppost to be the best sounding
mufflers u can get for this bike BUT they are not cheap!

Back