Bar end signals ? Thoughts!

Here’s an alternate option. Make small brackets and mount on the bottom triple clamp pinch bolts. MotoLana makes a nice set, but they are easily home made too. Do t remember where I got the lights.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Those bar end signals are cool! I’d like those on my bike but then the bar end mirrors would have to go. I like the front and rear visibility. Are they annoying (too bright) for the rider at night?
Hi @bosco659
The MG units are directional and throw light forwards and backwards, with minimal light dispersion up or down.
In many states you only need the bar end units; in the UK I went with the rear units too.
They are incredible but a bit spendy; worth the money for me.

Those bar end signals are cool! I’d like those on my bike but then the bar end mirrors would have to go. I like the front and rear visibility. Are they annoying (too bright) for the rider at night?
Regarding bar end mirrors I get the need; but I am an old school cyclist and still turn me head when needed. Exercise keeps you supple! :lmao:

Last edited:
I have MOTOGADGET BAR END Units and M.Gadget mini indicators mounted discretely under my seat tail unit.
View attachment 255825
View attachment 255826

Some videos of them in action...... They are very BRIGHT!

Ok! I’m assuming you just put the bar ends for the rear signal in the basic place on the frame ?
Those are VERY bright ! My favorite set up so far
Thanks for the video ! Speaks volumes

Cheers !
Nick

Ok! I’m assuming you just put the bar ends for the rear signal in the basic place on the frame ?
Those are VERY bright ! My favorite set up so far
Thanks for the video ! Speaks volumes

Cheers !
Nick
You’re welcome Nick,
I will post some more pictures tomorrow for clarity.
Ads.

Hi @bosco659
The MG units are directional and throw light forwards and backwards, with minimal light dispersion up or down.
In many states you only need the bar end units; in the UK I went with the rear units too.
They are incredible but a bit spendy; worth the money for me.
Do you drill a hole in the bars to fish the wires thru? I wonder if bar end only would be legal here in Ontario?

Do you drill a hole in the bars to fish the wires thru? I wonder if bar end only would be legal here in Ontario?
Most bars are hollow so the thin wires can be fed through to an exit point. I had to drill out the ends of my bars quite deeply to accept the insert ends of the light units; this is not always required, depends on the bars used.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.JPEG
    IMG_0571.JPEG
    283.2 KB · Views: 22
Back