my beloved xs650 yam ,,,WAS running ,,, shit,,,,

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys ,,,well all week, i had a missing .coughing problem,,,, ,,,then i stopped panicking and put my tiny brain in gear,,, i checked the fuel ,,,little to nothing in the tank,,, yep it was my fault,,, so today friday,,, i got fresh 98% unleaded fuel and put 1/2 a gerry can in my tank ,,,then i flushed the carbs by removing the plugs ,,, and ,,cleaned up the mess ,,then fired it up ,,,yah ho its running like a swiss clock again ,,,, and my pamco 14-0901 is just superb,,, as usual ...as is the rest of the bike ,,,, ,,,,no if i can just get my gs1000e running nicely it would be nice,,,, i don,t think i,m asking tooooooo much ,,,, regards oldbiker,,, and safe riding ,,,

You are up early Pete, good morning. Got time for a question ? How are those 32mm carbs from Mikes ? ( now that you have had them for awhile ) Have you put many miles on them ? Have they held their adjustment ? ( or do you have to fiddle with them )

Thanks ... and your ignitions are the best upgrade you can do to an XS ( in my opinion. )

You are up early Pete, good morning. Got time for a question ? How are those 32mm carbs from Mikes ? ( now that you have had them for awhile ) Have you put many miles on them ? Have they held their adjustment ? ( or do you have to fiddle with them )

Thanks ... and your ignitions are the best upgrade you can do to an XS ( in my opinion. )

I have not had any problems with those carbs. I have not had to adjust them since they were installed.

Glad you worked it out and the problem turned out to be something simple.
Keep the shiny side up!

Moderator: Please delete this duplicate post. The editor kept timing-out on me and, then, duplicated my last post.
Thanks.

Back