my bobber build so far

The green monster coil will fit in the stock location. I have one where my stock coil went. Check Pamcopete's website for tips on how to mount coils. He shows how many coils can fit.
www.yamahaxs650.com
With the coil hung infront of the engine it can block air flow to the cylinders.
With it hung behind the engine, engine heat can overheat the coil. In the stock location both the engine and coil get the most cooling air flow.

Well the rear fender and p-pad is on and I gotta say

That is one sexy rearend

67674e5a.jpg

55da2de5.jpg

Last edited:
...btw great idea on the louvers stuntdouble...

No worries! wifey brought me a .50 cal. ammo can home from work (she works for a company that makes armor for HUMVEES so her job is pretty sweet, she gets to shoot "fiddies" at door panels and .223 all the way up to .416 at body armor) anyway, im trying to finger out how to make louvres in it without losing the lettering on the side...

keep up the good work and keep the pics coming! :thumbsup:

thanks for the info re: coil mounting. I am running into the same issue of having a tank with a very narrow tunnel. Would practically have to mount it like Frisco style (which I don't like for my bike) in order to run coil in stock pos.

Am thinking of getting a diff Paughco tank, some of which have the tunnel width listed as 2.5, which should clear even the plug wire (wider) end of the coil.

Anyway, yours is lookin' GREAT!!!!!
:D

the other option is to mount it between the front legs infront of the head but you may run into cooling issues.

or just re-tunnel the tank

hehehhh, re-tunnel the tank! I have considered that! Thought about cutting the tunnel out of my old '80 tank (which is dented anyway) and cutting the little Mustang tank I wanted to use and welding the old tunnel into it. Now THAT would push my welding skills to the limit. Thinking it would probably leak......
:)
Might try it, since the little Mustang is dented too - if I ruin them both it would be no harm-no foul since both are in crummy shape.

Fuel capacity would be extremely minimal then though, with the wide stock tunnel.
But it's a thought!

Where did you get that fender? Also what size rear tire is that. Still need a few parts for my bike.

foot peg mounts are done and on

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/mrkil2/my%20bobber/SNB13249Small.jpg[/IMG

][/QUOTE]

Kinda thinking they are low, do you have a side pic to show the relation to the shift peg proximity to the foot peg. I usually fab the pegs with a mock engine in. Its a good idea to put a seat on it and then when you are imagining what you want it to look like you can also feel how it will look if that makes sense. Because sometimes (having been there) you build it and then sit on it like a fricken retard because you built it the way you think it should look but not feel like it should .........:twocents:

the peg position is mint.
feels comfortable and they are in the same location as stock but 1" lower.

nice and comfortable.

I'll post up a pic of me on it when we get some sun ;)

Your welcome to steal the idea since I just sold the tank.
I wast wanting to cut it up, and it just wouldn't fit over my upper mount.
So i'm changing direction with it :D

Last edited:
and here is the original way I wanted to build this bike before I got caught up in the Peanut tank thing.

a6812cd5.jpg

The bike will me called Last Caress after my favorite Misfits song.

Back