My Build thread - 1980 XS650 Special II

Good news! I vote for whatever is most comfortable. I went from ox horns to cafe bars to where I'm at now. Just find a happy medium between comfort and control.

Good news! I vote for whatever is most comfortable. I went from ox horns to cafe bars to where I'm at now. Just find a happy medium between comfort and control.

Yeah those ox horn bars are REALLY strange. Never got used to those. :doh:I felt like there should be a milk crate in the middle for the dog to ride. Look really funny too.

Jimmy try a set of these bad dogs out!

Attachments

• ape-hangers-caption.jpg
    ape-hangers-caption.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 40_Now_Those_Are_Ape_Hangers.jpg
    40_Now_Those_Are_Ape_Hangers.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 197
Alright well I pulled the old oil delivery tube off and what do I find? If you guess that it was stripped/cross threaded then you're correct.... I don't know how the f this happened. I know damn well I never pulled the f'r off and put it back in so.. :shootme: Anyone know where to go from here? It's just leaking out oil right there if I start it up.

They are stripped bad enough to not get it started right? If you can catch the right treads then some teflon should seal it. If not mabe you can get a tap for it.

See didn't even think of using an epoxy! I'm on my way to Dallas right now and then on to STL Monday morning. I'll be back next weekend though to mess with it.

Posted via Mobile

Alright, so I think I have this oil leaking problem at least temporarily fixed. However, now I have a misfiring left cylinder. So I'm not sure if it is carb related or timing maybe? So I called my guy here and he'll come over and we'll drink some beer and tinker with it hopefully. Any suggestions would be great! ha

Back