My Build Thread.

Thanks Guys. I mean it.
Yall are all right.
Plenty of stuff are messed be not this place.
:thumbsup:
I just got home from a 2 hour ride.
I let it get twilight and I took off.
I figured I would get out n smash some bugs!
I'm sure many will agree with me.
Riding is great for the soul.
And my soul feels good!

Last edited:
I did get a little something worked on.
I figured I would make a new RR
The mopar reg/radioshack recs
I didn't use colored covered wire but I know where all the wires go.
But after I got it together it takes up too much room.
So I am going to use some angled aluminum to save room and I should be able to mount in the OEM position!
more pix to come.
full

I had to wire up the repurposed speedometer
that went from 1 ground and 1 hot to 1 ground and 5 hots.
I also had to wire the light to the tachometer so that was quite a bit of soldering
Tomorrow I need to get some nice crown nuts for the install to replace the crap hardware that is on there
full

Hi John Thanks
Yes they do
it's a 5 1/2" Harley light a friend gave to me
I have found an other light that I like here this one is paint , they also sell one chrome for $15 more

Last edited:
Going over wiring on my black and silver bike and I get a panic attack just looking at all the cables lol! Brother you making this look to easy :thumbsup:

I had to wire up the repurposed speedometer
that went from 1 ground and 1 hot to 1 ground and 5 hots.
I also had to wire the light to the tachometer so that was quite a bit of soldering
Tomorrow I need to get some nice crown nuts for the install to replace the crap hardware that is on there
full

jdizon, it's not to bad Brother.
I printed out my wiring diagram and keep it where I can look at it.
also using different colored highlighter pens on the diagrams different systems makes it easier to read the diagram too. It's something that I do on blueprints too for that reason
As smart as I know you are. You will breeze through it my friend. :thumbsup:
My best advice is make sure where you want everything before You start and make sure it will fit there too.

Thanks for the advice :) picked up a highlighter set and going over diagram now. Fun fun fun lol

jdizon, it's not to bad Brother.
I printed out my wiring diagram and keep it where I can look at it.
also using different colored highlighter pens on the diagrams different systems makes it easier to read the diagram too. It's something that I do on blueprints too for that reason
As smart as I know you are. You will breeze through it my friend. :thumbsup:
My best advice is make sure where you want everything before You start and make sure it will fit there too.

All though ive been here often life has gotten in the way of progress.
I'm getting ready to install the reg/rec upgrade

Then I will put in the battery to see if every thing still works
here is the link for the upgrade

Well the installation went okay after almost got my damn right hand stuck between the fender and the frame. Why I stuck it in there I will never know!
That got my heart rate up for a minute or two.:doh: till got it unstuck. Then after that it went smoothly. I will need to touch up the paint on the aluminum mount.
full

couple more pix of the process
full

full

full

full

Got your hand stuck?!:laugh: Yep, been there done that.:D You can pretty much tell while your doing it that your gonna regret this, but damn it sometimes ya got to get your hand in there man!:wink2:

Thanks Joe! Yes riding her again will be great!
I'm not sure how but I got almost as much crap under the seat as Yamaha did, and new seat is less than half the size

Hey John yes as soon as I pushed it in there I was screwed:eek:
I was looking as the thing saying to myself out loud "what a pain in the ass it is going to be unbolting the shocks with ONE hand!
:laugh: I was just about to call for some help when my hand came out
It's been may years cense I was stuck like that. :doh:

I run into that a lot getting my hands in behind bumpers,inside doors and other panels on cars these days. Sometimes it seems like these damn things aren't meant to come apart!:laugh:
Bike is coming along great man.

Back