My name is Oxblood and this is my build!

Hahha dude watch out for overpasses with that sissy bar!

Looks good, I preferred the first design, but you're hammering out a slick little frisco chop.

Thanks! I've got another engine and frame loop I'm thinking about throwing a Straight leg 0"/2" David bird on and building a simple bobber out of. I've got a whole lotta spare parts from this build I've almost got a whole nother bike!

Picked up an old springer, not too sure what I think about it yet.

420632_10150525833322012_500297011_9347388_62872190_n.jpg

It's a Honda dirt bike wheel with a small drum and a Avon speedmaster mkII. Right now it's actually not a high shouldered rim but I do have a 36 hole High shouldered Akront hanging in the background I'm going to lace to the hub.

Definitely going 6" over for that 60's chopper feel! The deciding factory was my pop's vote. He rode a 49 pan back in the day. I'll be building a more modern chopper as soon as this ones done. Would hate to loose all the time in effort i put into shaving/polishing and lowering the stock forks, plus i've got a sporty tank, front frame loop, engine and mags laying around that need a 0 stretch 2 drop hardtail to be happy!

how about some detail photos of the headtube area? looks like it was cleaned up and/or modified for the springer, yes?

I always look forward to updates on this build. keep it up.

avenue.

stock length is what we are all tripping on .Oxblood is bringing back a blast from the past with a 60s style chopper and I am kind of curious to see what he comes up with .maybe a big high sissy bar and some crazy multi layered metal flake psycadelic paint job? Thats the beauty of choppin,no two creations are the same .Cant wait to see it unveiled .Peace

stock length is what we are all tripping on .Oxblood is bringing back a blast from the past with a 60s style chopper and I am kind of curious to see what he comes up with .maybe a big high sissy bar and some crazy multi layered metal flake psycadelic paint job? Thats the beauty of choppin,no two creations are the same .Cant wait to see it unveiled .Peace

5 1/2 feet of sissy bar not high enough for ya? Lol you know it, the wife is an artist and is practicing from an vintage "how to paint choppers" book getting ready for when I get this buttoned up.

The last time I disassembled a wheel it took me 3 months to find someone who could get it back together. I've been putting off trying to lace this vintage Akront Raincatcher to my honda hub for a while now but finally worked up the courage and I think I nailed it. I know I know the spokes are grungy but I cant afford new spokes yet so they will have to wait.

430136_10150533369947012_500297011_9366964_1367408648_n.jpg

::Oxblood

Back