need some help!

bigstick1973

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ok is like to thank you for all the info here on how to I'd the bikes. I'm still having some trouble so I need to ask. The sn is 447-123147. By looking around it seems this would be a 74 model? Or could it be a 73 model? The reason I ask is that by looking at the frame there is no loop bracket for the rear pegs. Also there is no stamped bracket for the rear pegs. I'm guessing they were somehow removed? Any help would be great!

Welcome to the forum, bigstick1973. Crisp, close, detailed pictures posted here would really help. Also, do the serial numbers for the engine and frame match? There's so much mod/mix/match going on with these bikes that something bought recently has likely been turned into a 'frankenbike'...

Well, that number shows it to be a 1975 XS-B. You can dig around and find service manuals and parts manuals for it that are downloadable. Looking at the pictures of the parts and such will help in identification.

Ok thanks! The thing that's throwing me off is there isn't that loop that comes off the frame for the rear foot pegs. I know that they changed the frames in 74 so If it was a 74 or newer it would have the loops for the rear pegs. And it doesn't have them that's why I was thinking it was a 73.

On the year your title tells you that. I agree from the number you have a 75.
I would say that a PO cut off the rear foot peg mounts to mod the bike to what they thought looked good.
This mod also requires a different exhaust.
Pics would be nice. Does it appear to have any other mods.
Leo

After looking at the frame more the rear loops for the rear pegs have been cut off. also the rear tail area of the frame where the handles would be for the passenger to hold were also removed. so its a 75! thanks for the help!

Back