Need wheels?

36spbridgest30019grubber-side1.jpg

36spbridgest30019grubber-side2.jpg

36 spoke Bridgestone 3.00 19 good rubber

16ftbrkspoke17rear-side1.jpg

16ftbrkspoke17rear-side2.jpg

Couple little guys. The one on the left is a 16 with a broke spoke and the right one is a 17 with swingarm.

40sp19bridgesgood3618-side1.jpg

40sp19bridgesgood3618-side2.jpg

the one on the left is a 40 spoke 19 Bridgestone with good rubber the right one is a 36 spoke 18

40spgoodyr40018-side1.jpg

40spgoodyr40018-side2.jpg

This one is a 40 spoke 4.00 18 Good Year. The rubber is really cool but has some cracks.

Thats it for tonight, sorry about the bad phone pictures it's the only camera I have right now. I'll post the rest tomorrow. Ryan

I am starting to do some modifications on my 81 Special, and desperately want to swap from cast to spoke wheels. I'm not super smart on these yet, but would love some help picking out a set of spoke wheels that can be swapped onto my bike without too much trouble.
Thank you for any help!!!

I can help you out, I'll look for a good matching set and do some measurements on my bike to see which will go onto your bike with little headache.

OMG love you long time. :D I need a 19 front or rear that can fit a suzuki gn400. zip 01129

Last edited:
Lol yes I have one. Anybody on this thread who hasen't pm'ed me send me your name and address and I will send you the cheapest shipping quote I can find and we'll go from there. Things have been crazy at work so if you can bear with me I'll get everything shipped out as soon as I can. Ryan

Surplus, Any of the stock XS650 front spoke wheels from 74 on are a straight up bolt in. Just use the brake rotor from the 81 wheel. On your 81 it has the drum brake rear 16inch wheel. The rear spoke wheel from 74 up will bolt right in. They are 18 inch wheels.
The later spoke wheels are a 16 inch rear, 19 inch front and bolt right in but are a 48 spoke rear, 64 spoke front and use chrome steel rims.
In 79 the Special II got a 16 inch 36 spoke rear wheel with a 19 inch front but they are a flat alloy rim, no shoulders like the early models. Hard to find, used just one year, one model.
Wheels from other bikes may or may not be an easy fit. Some use different widths axle sizes and can be more work to fit.
From looking at the pics so far these wheels fit in the not so easy to fit your bike catagory.
Leo

Yes most of these wheels are Honda wheels. They won't just bolt on. I just thought someone who really needs it could find a way. Thats been my mantra with my bike LOL. Find a way, find a way, find a way Ad infinity.

On another note, those who do get one, this is how it gets to the post office.:laugh:

bikemessanger.jpg

I commend you on what you're doing. It's a selfless act. I respect you for that. Not many around who would do what you're doing.
I don't know how much experience surplus has with the XS650 or bike's in general. I just wanted him to know that just because a wheel looks close it may take more than just swapping it out.
I also think there are others out there with little expierence reading this may think the same way. Some of these whells may just bolt in, some may not.
I think the more experienced will like your wheels. The people who do the chopper and bobber mods will find your selection very interesting. I know I have.
I thank you for your time and generosity, and others will too.
Leo

I would gladly take the wheels in post #20 or #21 off your hands, shipped to 23061.
Preferably #20, Do you paypal?

Last edited:
Leo (and others),
You are correct about my limited experience with the XS650. This is my first. I am pretty competent with bikes as a whole (this is probably #20 for me), and am pretty mechanically able. I'm not afraid to jump into things that will require some work, but the biggest thing for me is cost. I don't have a mill or lathe, and don't want to get a bunch of money into custom spacers, brackets, etc. I don't mind fabbing a seat bracket or modifying most things, but when it comes to wheels, it really needs to be exact. That's why I was looking for as close to bolt up as possible, and why info like you provided before is so valuable. I'm learning every day as I mess with my XS and browse MANY threads on this site.
Thanks to all who contribute!

I forgot to return your pm. (sorry I'm a full time college student and I forget things all of the time). Wanted to know if you still have some wheels thanks. sent you a pm too. :)

Back