New game: Which bike brought the most money at auction?

Sneak peek……
The celebrity connection….tomorrows special four way challenge ( no fair cheating! )
IMG_5639.jpegIMG_5638.jpegIMG_5637.jpegIMG_5636.jpeg

Ok, results time…..

Coming in first, and this is a little unfair, the Kawasaki Z1 at an amazing $55,000! Honestly this is the only one I’ve seen sell for over $30,000. On any given day the second place bike could’ve given it a run for its money.

IMG_5616.jpeg

Speaking of second place, the 1969 Sandcast CB750, these early bikes are bringing pretty serious money these days.

IMG_5617.jpeg

And third, the bike that could easily crush the other two, performance wise, the Suzuki GS1000S.
I think these bikes are on the cusp of taking off value wise. Could they be tomorrows Z1?

IMG_5619.jpeg

😎

11k for the GS ain't nothin' to hang your head over. It's a respectable number.
55k for the Z1 is batshit territory. :yikes:
Musta been a serious bidding war goin' on...

11k for the GS ain't nothin' to hang your head over. It's a respectable number.
55k for the Z1 is batshit territory. :yikes:
Musta been a serious bidding war goin' on...

Yeah agreed. The first year Z1’s bring more money, but I saw a lot of mid production years still bringing $23,000 - $28,000 !

Ok, results time…..

Coming in first, and this is a little unfair, the Kawasaki Z1 at an amazing $55,000! Honestly this is the only one I’ve seen sell for over $30,000. On any given day the second place bike could’ve given it a run for its money.

View attachment 242206

Speaking of second place, the 1969 Sandcast CB750, these early bikes are bringing pretty serious money these days.

View attachment 242207

And third, the bike that could easily crush the other two, performance wise, the Suzuki GS1000S.
I think these bikes are on the cusp of taking off value wise. Could they be tomorrows Z1?

View attachment 242208

😎
That Zed went for crazy money; out selling a sandcast CB750K0!
What is the world coming too?

The Z1’s have been making a huge resurgence the last few years. I’ve seen them going for crazy money. Ironically the KZ900 and 1000’s aren’t as desirable as the Zed. They still getting high dollar, but not crazy yet.

Ok I’m gonna throw this out there early today and let it sit for a while. How much does having a celebrity connection affect value? Today I’m bringing four bikes that were either owned by a famous person or were featured in a well known movie or TV show. I think this is interesting because it’s just crazy. So here we go,

First up, from maybe the most influential motorcycle movie of all time with one of Hollywoods most iconic star, Steve McQueens 1970 Husqvarna 400 Cross , the actual bike he rode and raced in the movie in unrestored condition….exactly the way he last parked it.

IMG_5631.jpegIMG_5642.jpeg

Second up, From the American TV Show Happy Days, this was the motorcycle ridden by one of the central characters, The Fonz, and it was in the opening sequence of every show. The 1949 Triumph Trophy 500
IMG_5613.jpegIMG_5614.jpeg

This one was funny to me, he didn’t own it very long before he gave it away, he put almost no miles on it, but his ownership is well documented. Elvis Presleys 1976 HD FLH.

IMG_5638.jpegIMG_5612.jpeg

And the most interesting one for last, the iconic captain America bike from Easy Rider. This one is a hot mess. The story goes that there were four of these built for the movie. Immediately after production, three were stolen and never recovered, it is believed they were broken and sold for parts.
The fourth one was damaged during filming and rebuilt by Dan Haggerty ( TV’s Grizzly Adams ) this is supposed to be that bike, and he authenticated it. However…..good old Dan also sold another Captain America Bike, years earlier that he authenticated and said it was the one true survivor.
Hmmm…..even Peter Fonda said at the time that this auction stunk to high heaven.
But it went to auction and it was sold.

IMG_5635.jpegIMG_5639.jpeg

So………whose fame has the most effect on sale price?
Gentlemen place your bets! 😎

Last edited:
Elvis HD
Fonz Trophy 500
McQueen Husky
Fonda Chopper.

I'm guessin' they all went for stupid money. This one's hard.

Back