New guy, new bike.

kicnit

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Well, I was a Lurker on 650rider for a while, and have been behind the scenes here for the past few weeks, so I figured it was about time to show the setup.

8131_265319005423_691240423_8480266_8166127_n.jpg

8131_265319010423_691240423_8480267_1244629_n.jpg

This is from the past summer. I actually having somebody extend the swingarm as we speak, and I'm also interested in putting some small apes on. Let me know what you think.

cheers,
kyle

Hi Kyle,

Welcome! Normally I'm a fan of stock bikes, but I really like your bike! It looks bulky and, I dunno, "mean". The kind of bike you would kick start, and not use an electric starter, y'know?

So, yeah. Welcome!

Kyle.....Rear sprocket looks huge..........must be geared like a tractor.......are you going to use this on the highway......xsjohn

Thanks for all the comments. :)
I think the bars look pretty good myself. They are some 7/8 pro tapers off of a ATV, and are super super comfy. The rear sprocket it stock to my knowledge, but I do plan on riding it to work, so that will change first thing this summer. I rode it about 10 times to work last year, and it was a bit like a "tractor". :laugh:
I have some mini bullet signals, and new headlight for it as well. Ill post pics as soon as the snow is gone, and its out of storage.

cheers,
kyle

- when you get around to it you may like to blacken out the rear wheel too, and perhaps make up some side panels that follow the line of the seat more :D

- when you get around to it you may like to blacken out the rear wheel too, and perhaps make up some side panels that follow the line of the seat more :D

Well actually those pics are from a few days before I did paint the rear. The pics werent as good, so I only kept one. I hear ya on the side panels. That will be another project as well. Here she it.
8131_268767460423_691240423_8558585_2420862_n.jpg

Shitty Pic I know. :)

cheers,
kyle

Hey kyle, Yea defiantly need a smaller headlight that stands out some more

I completely agree. Ive been looking around for something. I was actually thinking about putting a enduro light on it. I have a buddy that works at a KTM dealership, and can get me a warrantied take off. Looks very similar to this. Obviously I would paint it black.
f997_35.jpg

cheers,
kyle

- i wonder if that panelling would fit the rest of the bike
- maybe also something more retro, like these ural lights
M72
S3405_0.jpg

K750
S1023a_0.jpg

Ive seen that K750 version before. They are pretty sweet. may be something to look into. Anyone really good at Photoshoping a enduro light on this??? hahahaha

really nice bike, im trying to sell mine but if i cant i would like to build something likes yours

I completely agree. Ive been looking around for something. I was actually thinking about putting a enduro light on it. I have a buddy that works at a KTM dealership, and can get me a warrantied take off. Looks very similar to this. Obviously I would paint it black.
f997_35.jpg

cheers,
kyle

Wow that's different, thinking out of the norm of every man and his dog.:thumbsup: Would give it the frill necked lizard look

Back