New Member & Future Project

MolXR

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I just want to say HELLO, new to site and 1st blog so bare with me.
Just picked up what I believe is a '71 XS650, Candy Orange tank, based on the VIN#.
I am planning on making a street tracker out of it, but it will be a few month before I can start. I have my '78 911SC Porsche to put back together, and a Honda Trail50, then the TRACKER! I look forward to learning a lot from ALL.

Attachments

• 20151022_173622.jpg
    20151022_173622.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 300
thats a good platform bud, they are getting harder to find. i just finished a motor rebuild myself. you are going to have a lot of fun. Those Porsches aren't exactly in every garage either!

Welcome, Plenty of help here. Worth more as a stocker, but the collectors would love to get those good parts you take off. Put them up in the classifieds here.

Pretty far away from making a stocker. Engine is stuck too, so a complete rebuild/re-phase is probably in its future. I will definitely put the parts up for sale to help fund all the new goodies I'll be needing, rear wheel to start!
I've had the MISTRESS(911SC) for 13 years, have had a lot of fun, now its time for a clutch, alternator, and a $6.5K rebuild transaxle OUCH!!!! It's been really reliable now it's time for some TLC for the next 15 yrs. of mountain twisties!
MISTRESS = Threatened my wife, I'm getting a Mistress, Harley or a Porsche YOU DECIDE! It worked!
Thank you for the encouragement, I'll need it!

Welcome to the forum, MolXR. Quite a score you've got there.

Pretty far away from making a stocker. Engine is stuck too, so a complete rebuild/re-phase is probably in its future...

That, plus the rusted front forks, and possibly missing front wheel, be advised that your mistress may be an:

"IRON MAIDEN"...

I do have original front drum and plan to use it but will need rear. I'm not planning on going with disc's on this build.

Cool Yeah the front is tough one, the rears are easy. Welcome in drytank also! Sounds like a nice stable there drytank. both guys more pics? We sure love pics.

Back