New member here

Good one Fredintoon and Gday to you. i stand corrected a very fast lorrie indeed ! don't you like those old stories, I remember reading " Those Bentley Days " if you can find a copy it's a good read with plenty of tales told.

Hi Nghieplk,

I just wanted to add "Welcome" from the Pacific Northwest. You really do have a very nice bike....my bikes are a bit tattered by comparison, but I love them anyway.

Do you have much difficulty getting parts? Just curious---we seem to have a good supply of them available, so hopefully that is true there also.

Anyway, welcome. Enjoy the Site. The guys here are great.....:bike:

I found some interesting parts at mikesxs.com. Right now I'm a bit confuse on choosing the rear shock to replace the stock one, cause i'm building it to a brat tracker, I need more height on the back, I found the stock one is a bit low.

So I see 2 monza that I think is ok, but I need an advice.

Here's the links:

Monza Sport Shock Set 13 3/16" Black body, chrome spring, no caps
https://www.mikesxs.net/product/06-3642.html

Monza Traditional Shock set 365mm (14.4") Black body, chrome spring
https://www.mikesxs.net/product/06-3650.html

I see much different in price, the sport 92$ for a half set, the traditional is only 70$ for a whole set. Is it worth it for the sport one?

Or more suggest options will be appreciated!

Sup Dude welcome :thumbsup:

hi funky :thumbsup:

Actually, you do get 2 Monza Sport shocks for $92 from Mike's. I just received a set of 2, and they seem to be a good quality. They are made by EMGO, who makes a lot of vintage aftermarket items.

Hi I bought the red set they are well made and look cool

IMAG0844_zpsseksvqow.jpg

Thank you so much mates!
Do you have some suggest on the rear shock? (for 2 people sitting)

Hi nghieplk,
just to be clear about this, a typical 'bike shock has two separate functions.
The inner part is a hydraulic damper to control the suspension's hysteresis.
The outer part is a coil spring to control the suspension's movement.
The good quality shocks that most folks can't afford to buy have variable shock absorber settings and offer a choice of different spring rates.
Note that the rotating cam that clicks round under the spring alters the spring's preload NOT it's spring rate.
My best guess for 2-up riding is that 100lb/inch springs will work OK.

Thank you buddies, I've just ordered the traditional one.
Just for update, my bike is in painting process, I'll show the picture when it is finished.
Btw, this is my handmade stuff, is it cool? :D
11072994_867617576615080_1784567800_n.jpg

possible to handle 220v AC

Back