New member, new project (Atlanta)

maybe it was just me and my older '82 xs650HS but I had a hell of a time bleeding my front brake as well.
it didn't bleed at all I tried for 2 days straight air was trapped at the MC.....
I pulled the MC all apart and got everything out and cleaned and noticed that only one hole was in the MC going into the cylinder where there is usually a smaller one further down..... there was an indent there but absolutely no hole.... so I drilled it out and i could bleed it first try !
a way to tell if yours is like mine was is take off the caliper end line and put a can under it and see if it drips continuously... mine did not
I left it over night like that to see if it was just slow but in the morning there wasn't any in the can and the reservoir was still full
so I took my smallest drill bit 1/16" I think it was, and drilled into the cylinder from that indent in the MC....(its under the plastic of the reservoir container) .... that cured the bleeding problem it pumped up and I was able to get all the air out of the line and the brake is as good as new.
I think they must have a special device to bleed the front brake at the factory or the shops now... but I don't have that device what ever it is so I did it the old fashioned way...... of course I made sure there were no burrs in the cylinder where the drill came through and tried to chamfer that tiny hole the best I could so it would not tear up the O-ring on the piston.......
it worked for me ! I don't know if it was just a one time fluke but it looks like there are others out there that can't bleed their front brake either .
so that is what I did.....
Bob...........

Any idea what colors the painter used? I just scored an xs2 that someone spray painted flat black

Hi DC,
a few decades ago I bought a bargain Kawi 90cc 2-stroke for my boys after the PO had gotten it back from the kids that had stolen it.
Those kids had reckoned that fizzing their trophy flat black would disguise it.
I managed to wash off the black paint with rags soaked in acetone to show the bike's original Kawi green paint underneath.
You might be surprised to see your XS2's original paint still there if you try the acetone treatment.

Hi DC,
a few decades ago I bought a bargain Kawi 90cc 2-stroke for my boys after the PO had gotten it back from the kids that had stolen it.
Those kids had reckoned that fizzing their trophy flat black would disguise it.
I managed to wash off the black paint with rags soaked in acetone to show the bike's original Kawi green paint underneath.
You might be surprised to see your XS2's original paint still there if you try the acetone treatment.
Man, I didn’t even think of that! God, now you have gotten my hopes up. That will be the first thing I do. Thanks Fred!

A seat is one of the things I don't have, sorry. More like fender stays (front and rear), a front fender (tweaked but not too badly), wheel, and other various odds and ends
Ok cool. The bike will probably be here in about two weeks or so when he drives up with it from Nevada, so when it gets here I will take an inventory and I might be hitting you up, thanks

Back