Gibson

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site. I have a 76 650C I've had it about a year. It was last inspected and on the road in 84, so it had many issues. Runs good now. Love these bikes!

Welcome to the site Gibson. Lotta good folks on here with LOTS of good info and tips. This bike has QUITE a following and seems to be a pretty tough hombre! Oh, and if a poster named Solo2Racer ever, EVER weighs in on a question you are interested in reading about, simply use oleoresincapsicum mace spray liberally on your keyboard, burn your eyes out with a small torch and forget you ever had a question or opinion on ANYTHING. Follow those rules you'll be fine...

Last edited:
Welcome in!

ttwp.gif

That's good to hear, lol. That may be a very unique exhaust you have there, a BUB. They were produced back in the '80s following recommendations from Joe Minton, the guy who wrote the famous "Minton Mods" article for the 650. He wanted an exhaust with certain specs but none were available. BUB agreed to build it for him then continued making and selling them.

Hi 5twins, the exhaust is actually Hoos TT pipes headers. I used black reverse cone glass pack mufflers. It sounds awesome and makes good power.

Back