newbie xs 6-fiddy chop

- a match made in hell

- is it my imagination or is jasons rear brake actuating arm rather overset?

Nice build by the way! keep the pictures coming! How about some close ups of these dings in the tubing. What size and grade of tubing are you using? 1 1/8" .120" wall 1020 DOM?
yeah its 1 1/8" 120 wall dom. ill try and get some more pics. working on the rake now.

Slug that's probably the one thing I wish I did over again. Was doing a dropseat with my drag bars. I think I would have liked the look better. Good job going man.

- is it my imagination or is jasons rear brake actuating arm rather overset?

It's not just you, it's at quite an angle. :shrug: Oh well, he sold that bike quite a while ago.

Sluginxlt, Be sure to document the re-rake as well as you have been with everything else. I'm curious to see how you do it. :thumbsup:

ive been working on it little by little still. i got the pivot bushing on the seat , made the pans for it, and got a coil over shock for it ...
bike031.jpg

bike032.jpg

also started working on the rake, so far i cut off the neck, cleaned it all up, machined a piece of solid 1.5" to slug into the back bone with about a 1" stretch, contoured it at about a 41* rake , drilled the end out with a 1" drill just to make the weld heat more even than going to the solid 1.5".
bike029.jpg

bike030.jpg

set the forks in there just to get the image of how it will look
bike033.jpg

still back and fourth on goin to a single down tube or adding a "gooseneck" to the factory tubes. this was just a practice bend with black pipe not filled with sand and will not be used!!! figured i should explain before anyone gets the wrong idea, lol
bike034.jpg

DOOOD! you really shouldn't use that black wrinkly looking pipe! :wink2:

The progress looks good though! That seat is crazy.. are you going to cover those inserts with anything?

BTW if I were doing it and I were you. I would go the extra mile and do a single downtube. I know it's extra work, but IMO it just looks cleaner/better.

I have said it before, but if I had it to do over again. I would have done a custom hardtail with a dropseat and the other thing I would have done was stretch the backbone and do a single downtube.

Last edited:
well i finally got her cut off the table and on the ground, went to a single down tube "still need to do something with the extra on the bottom" . also i traded my 94 sporty tank to my cousin for a newer one but obviously its too long, but hes gonna let me trade back tomorrow. i like the newer tank better but to get it to fit id have to re-tunnel it deeper so i could slide it up farther but i already have enough work cut out for me. lol
bike035.jpg

I agree with 650 skull for once!!! DO what you got to do but I wouldn't plan on that frame staying where it is, it will eventually sag,hopefully it will sag instead of failing while your riding it. And the other drop seat with the chick on it,someone said that was sold?? Whoever built that should lawyer up now. I"m not trying to be a dick or bash anyone's workmanship,but from an engineering standpoint those frames are accidents waiting to happen. Not trying to badmouth anyone or put them down, but it would just suck real bad if someone got killed or crippled.ALso I would never sell a frame modified to that extent without having a several million dollar umbrella insurance policy.

heres an updated pic of the bike. thinking of some ideas to help strengthen up the hard tail because of the both upward bends, considering plating it not sure if it would be the cleanest look, but it would defenitly be different.lol
bike036.jpg

idea1.jpg

and a ghetto colored in pic to help get the image.
idea2.jpg

Back