newbie xs 6-fiddy chop

Shoot i think it looks pretty good with the gussets, Im no expert but i believe i have good taste in my eye haha. But bike looks awesome man, cant wait to see it finished.

man i think the gusset plating with the holes in it looks really sick and will give your bike a really neat unique look that is still comprehensible. i think for the design of the frame it will be awesome. hope you do it and cant wait to see pics of it! :D

Like this maybe? I agree with Rusty though. I think it looks pretty good. I just thought I'd try and give you an option!?!

Sorry for the crude pic work. I didn't even attempt to work up the other side.

Attachments

• bike036.jpg
    bike036.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Jimmy that is a cool idea also, and good use of photo shop! maybe he could even do that but start the braces closer to the axle and space it out till it gets up to a certain point. i would draw it up like that but it would just look dumb. either way i think it would look really kool!

P.S. Jimmy, i love your rides man, i about fell out of my chair the first time i read that. very funny! :D

Haha on both thank you Rusty. Yeah I just drew it up as a rough idea of what I was talking about. A lot of great comedians always say that the truth is the best source for comedy :D

haha, yea i have a 31 year old xs, a 21 year old harley softail, and a newly 22 year old brunette :) and i just checked out your build pics and that looks badass too man. i hope mine turns out half as good as you guys!

Here is a reference for it. Not suggesting. Really wanted to look just for myself and it cured my boredom for a bit.

Attachments

• bike036.jpg
    bike036.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 224
i dig both designs, but i think i like the rear curve better it makes it look more streamlined in my opinion (take that with a grain of salt! lol) cant wait to see what you finally end up with :)

man i like that design to jimmy. it looks a little less cluttered like that. im glad this isnt my bike because i would never be able to decide which badass idea to go with! good luck choosen :)

i really wish i felt it was strong enough with nothing in there, i never thought about the upward curves being weak until a few members said something about it and it makes sense. really wish i could go back and redo the hard tail all together, but i dont think i have the motivation to do so and spend another 80 bux on tube.

Back