News for NATEK and selling in TEXAS

MrYeats

MrYeats
Reaction score
I offered to buy a 1970 Frame from NATEK. He offered it to me for $95 if I came to get it.I aked for a title and he lashes out at me??? He even mocked me in his thread, and by the way he hijacked another thread to get my attention that he even had one to sell.
I post the following regarding Texas law on this matter:

Rebuilt and Assembled Motorcycles
The following must be included in any application for title covering a motorcycle when the transaction involves a change of either the motor or frame or the assembling of both:
- Application for Texas Certificate of Title, Form 130-U. - Evidence of ownership covering the motor and frame. Depending on the year model of the motorcycle (as indicated above), such evidence may be a certificate of title, bill of sale, or an affidavit establishing ownership in the applicant's name. Any bill of sale or an affidavit must show the identification number of the component part being transferred; and it must also show the description of the vehicle from which such component part was removed and the title number under which such vehicle was titled. - Pencil tracing of both the motor number and the frame number of the vehicle involved, regardless of whether the change of one or the other or the assembling of both has occurred, indicating on each pencil tracing whether such pencil tracing is of the motor number or frame number. This is necessary to ensure that the proper title record is located, since title may have been established under either number. - Rebuilt Vehicle Statement, Form VTR-61, showing thereon a detailed explanation as to what was done in relation to the changing or assembling of component parts of the vehicle for which title is sought.

Photograph of the vehicle, if the evidence covering the motor and the evidence covering the frame is assigned to the applicant. - If an assigned number is obtained, the Notice of Assigned Number or Installation of Reassigned Vehicle Identification Number, Form VTR-68-N. - If an assigned number is obtained, a photocopy of the Application for Assigned or Reassigned Number, Form VTR-68-A.
A rebuilt or assembled motorcycle is one that is assembled from the two component parts (motor and frame). The frame number must be shown as the vehicle identification number on all motorcycles rebuilt or assembled in 1971 and subsequent years. If an identifying number was not placed on the frame by the manufacturer or if the manufacturer's identification number on the frame has been removed, changed, or obliterated, an assigned vehicle identification number must be obtained.
The certificate of title for a 1971 or subsequent year model motorcycle must cover the frame; and the certificate of title for a 1970 or prior year model motorcycle may cover either the motor or the frame, depending on whether the vehicle was titled under the motor number or the frame number. Therefore, the following situations will occur when a component part is changed or when a motorcycle is assembled:
- A title in the name of the applicant is presented to the tax collector covering the frame (titled under frame number), and a bill of sale or an assigned certificate of title recording the motor number is presented as evidence for the motor. In such instances, an application for corrected title must be filed to record the "reconstructed"remark. The application must show the same vehicle description as recorded on the title covering the frame. Even though the vehicle description will be unchanged on the subsequent title issued, microfilm records will be corrected to reflect the new motor number of the motor installed. If an assigned certificate of title is used as a bill of sale for a motor, the title should be marked "motor only"and attached to the title transaction. Such title will then be canceled.
- A title in the name of the applicant is submitted for the motor, and a bill of sale is surrendered for the frame. In this instance, the transaction will be handled as a frame change, and an application for corrected title must be filed to correct the description of vehicle. The make, year model, and identifying number must be the same as shown on the frame.
- A title in the name of the applicant is submitted covering the motor, and an assigned certificate of title is surrendered for the frame. In this case, the title covering the frame must be transferred into the applicant's name. The transaction must be handled as a "reconstructed,"and title covering the motor should be marked "Retained Motor Only"and attached to the transaction for cancellation. - If the evidence of ownership covering each component (motor and frame) is assigned to the applicant, the transaction will be handled as a "Rebuilt"or "Assembled." A photograph of the vehicle must be attached to the title transaction; and if the photograph reveals that the finished product represents an established "make"of motorcycle, the application for title will be processed as a "Rebuilt"showing the make, year model, and identification number of the frame. If the photograph reveals that the finished product does not represent an established "make"of motorcycle or if the frame was not manufactured by an established motorcycle manufacturer, the make must be shown as "Assembled"and the year model shown as the year in which the vehicle was assembled.

Jesus Christ, is this the therapy room? I offered you a roller minus the front when for $95 and you asked 20 questions and then seemed shocked it had no title, and mentioned pass as if it was a horrid deal at $95! So in my "lashing out" (since you deleted the quote that repeatedly called me a "FOOL") I posted in the original thread the following

"http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31869&goto=newpost

...you should find something better to do with your time than rant about someone whom bumped a for sale classified and somehow offended you by passively and with no name called you out for being cheap.

Grow up.

Jesus Christ, is this the therapy room? I offered you a roller minus the front when for $95 and you asked 20 questions and then seemed shocked it had no title, and mentioned pass as if it was a horrid deal at $95! So in my "lashing out" (since you deleted the quote that repeatedly called me a "FOOL") I posted in the original thread the following

"http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31869&goto=newpost

...you should find something better to do with your time than rant about someone whom bumped a for sale classified and somehow offended you by passively and with no name called you out for being cheap.

Grow up.

In other words, do not ask questions when someone offers you something and if they do pass on it, you have to go pout in public about how cheap somebody is??? For one thing I did not pull the post and another, I knew who you were talking about...

Again, leave the drama for forums intended for immature content... Last I checked this one was for MOTORCYCLES.

What is this, Myspace for grown men>? The only people I've had 'problems' with are idiots whom are convinced they deserve something for nothing and everyone owes them some sort of discount based on their self proclaimed greatness. It's unfortunate to see portions of this forums focus being lead towards morons and their unweighted opinions.

unsubscribing and moving back to bikes. hope the two of you find something better to do with your time then rant about someone whom neither of you have had an actual transaction with. :thumbsup::laugh:

This mryetti guy is like 1000 years old, and uses the term "bobber" to describe his 81 Honda 400. This dude sounds like an idiot, nevermind, for making this thread...You sir are an idiot. I've had nothing but good run in's with Natek. For $95's you were getting a hell of a deal. You were buying parts, not a motorcycle...at that price the title is on you. Do some research Mr Y...the last titled neck for a xs650 I bought was $300...for the NECK and TITLE only. You expected a near complete roller, with title for $95? Stick to your bobbers bro...

Are all parts marked with a serial number that is on the title? If you sell the frame then what use do you have for the title? If you never had a title then you probably own an illegal bike, or at least one that will never be on the street, so you part it out. I did not make the law but I do intend to stick to it. I am not an "outlaw" biker. These are just questions I ask before making a 200 mile drive to pick up a "part" as you call it from someone I don't even know. He doesn't want questions, just the money. The deal was not for a ROLLER but a bare naked frame that he set the price on and without a title would be useless unless one were building a dirt bike. Think about it pinheads and pray that you can live to be a thousand years old. With your attitudes, I fear you won't make it to 500...

Actually what it WAS and STILL IS; the frame, all the lights/signals, tack/speedo, bars, triples, 34mm forks with chrome lowers, risers, swing arm, all the BS battery box guts and whatever else is attached to it, rear fender and tail light/signals... everything but the wheels and front fender that is in the picture. The VIN is clean, it was run and the guy I bought it from had the title in his name 20+ years again and had misplaced it and had no desire to apply for one as all this crap was thrown in with a titled trailer purchase... and I have a bill of sale from him. My point was for a measly $95 you're buying a heap of metal and it's not worth my time to take a million pictures, answer dumb questions about what condition tiny little aspects of the bike are in etc. The frame would have came with a bill of sale and be picked up FROM MY HOUSE. There is nothing shady about this or any of the deals I make. It was bought for refub/parts and that's how it's being sold. You can do your best to make it seem like I was in the wrong, but all it is really is your cheap, dumb ass hoping for a gold nugget for the price of a turd.

:popcorn:

I'm thinking this is a lot of hoo hah about not much. he has PARTS advertised as PARTS whether or not you want to buy them for his price is a personal decision. Since no money changed hands and no one even had travel expenses I don't see much harm done to either side. He may not be the perfect seller, you may not be the perfect buyer. :shrug: Name calling just ramps up bad feelings.

Since it's the lounge I think the thread is with-in the standards of the forum. If the name calling accelerates some or all may or may not! be deleted.

"Do not argue with idiots they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Mark Twain
Carry on, or better yet don't.

I just started using this forum so my 2 cents might not mean much but here goes...

*I am the founder of the largest Bagger Forum in existence www.choppedbaggers.com so I have run into similar situations countless times. "I no longer own the site"

*This comment comes from a guy who has built a couple $45K bikes.

Its a $95 freakin frame for christs sake. If it came with a title great, bonus. If it wasn't rusty great, bonus. If it had the particular section, tab, thingamajig you needed, then its perfect.

At the end of the day its $95, no need to get all excited. I usually loose a couple grand when I do a bike up just from changing my mind...

:cheers::popcorn:

Attachments

• OLDADDSH-14.jpg
    OLDADDSH-14.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 120
I am sure there is more to this but anyway. Why not go hey, '' you mind if i run the vin on the bike to be sure it is a legit bike and not stolen'' ?? Then you drive to get it if it is clear, have a bill of sale with the guys info and have it titled. People have been extremely crazy when it comes to '' does it have a title '' It must be a new trend everywhere. Do you home work before going to get it. Have to agree though for 95 $and you were getting all that, was a great deal. Round 2 fiiiiiight hahaha

you people keep saying all that! All I was getting was a bare frame with not even a swing arm!

Back